Need ham operators! Coast Guard Parade -Sat Aug 4th

  • kb8qap
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hello HARC members,

      As many of you know, I have been volunteering with the Coast Guard Festival's Parade Line Up for a number of years now; and I highly recommend volunteering yourself for this years 2012 Coast Guard Festival's Parade Line Up on the morning of Saturday August 4th!

      The event will be needing additional ham operators to assist us with the Parade Line up duties. Anyone who has volunteered with the 2012 Holland Tulip Time Parades or similar event are welcomed to give us a hand or others in the ham radio community who wish to get there feet wet in parade communications.

      Note: This event requires you to bring your amateur radio 2 meter handheld transceiver with a fully charged battery. You must be capable of programming simplex channels into your handheld as we will be working from various channels during the event. A cell phone is also recommended.

      Please give a shout to John, KC8UNY or Don, KB8ODB tonight or Friday on the 145.490 W8CSO 2 meter repeater or email the guys by Friday and let them know your coming up to help. Tom K8TB is also working on the recruitment side too, so if you can't get a hold of John or Don, please feel to pull Tom's chain too! hihi

      73! JEFF KB8QAP -

      Anyone wishing to help with the event and needs a ride up from Holland, Hudsonville area can contact me as I will be passing thru the area on my way up to Grand Haven for the debriefing and sign up.

      Where is the sign up and debriefing meeting? Russ's in Grand Haven at 7:00 am on Saturday Aug 4th. Coast Guard Festival's Parade sign in/ debriefing meeting