Re: [HARC] Equipment For Sale

  • Jim Hays
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2002
      Dave I may be interested in the Kenwood TS 690S compleat with the AT 50
      Antenna Tuner. Will it do all MARS Frequences from 3188.30 to 44705 mhz. and
      will the auto tuner, also tune in those freq. Thanks Jim

      n8jmy2001 wrote:

      > I have the following Amateur equipment for sale.
      >
      > Kenwood TS-790A This is a 2M/70CM all mode Base radio. This radio
      > does dual receive and also does satellites. Radio is in very good
      > condition and works great. It does 45 watts on 2M and 35 watts on
      > 70CM (430-450 Mhz). It has extended receive. This radio has the VS-2
      > voice board and the Tone board installed and comes with Mic, power
      > cable, Computer interface cable and manual, No Box. Price is $750.00
      > + Shipping if applicable
      >
      > Kenwood TS-690S This is a HF and 6 Meter Base radio. It does 100
      > watts on HF and 50 watts on 6 meters. It is in very good condition
      > and works great. Comes with mic, power cable, box, Computer interface
      > and manual. Price is $575.00 + Shipping if applicable
      >
      > Kenwood AT 50 automatic antenna tuner works great and comes with
      > cable to use with a Kenwood radio and manual. I will only sell this
      > with the TS-690 or after the TS-690 is sold. Price is $225.00 or $200
      > if bought with the TS690. + Shipping if applicable
      >
      > If interested either email n8jmy@... or phone 269-792-6788 and
      > ask for Dave. Thanks for reading Dave Kaylor N8JMY in Hopkins, MI
      > If this has shown up more than once I apologize.

    • Dave Kaylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2002
        Well Jim it covers those areas but needs to have a mod done to transmit there, Right now it only does the regular ham bands but I know there is a MARS Mod for it, the tuner only does the regular ham bands that I know of, it lists them on the front whether it would work on the other areas I don't know and unfortunately cant try because the rig doesn't transmit there. If you have any other questions let me know.
        PS if you have the tuner in your 450 you can put that in a 690.
        Thanks Dave

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
          I have a Kenwood 450 which is all ready modified, Can I bring my radio over to try on your ant tuner or can you bring your ant. tuner to try it out over hear

          Dave Kaylor wrote:

          > Well Jim it covers those areas but needs to have a mod done to transmit there, Right now it only does the regular ham bands but I know there is a MARS Mod for it, the tuner only does the regular ham bands that I know of, it lists them on the front whether it would work on the other areas I don't know and unfortunately cant try because the rig doesn't transmit there. If you have any other questions let me know.
          > PS if you have the tuner in your 450 you can put that in a 690.
          > Thanks Dave

        • Joe Veldhuis
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
            I also have one of these that I am planning to bring to the swap. If you
            get two of them (must be the same model), you can run one of them in in
            'client' mode, which allows you to connect a device (computer, game
            console, printer, hub/switch, etc) to it, and the AP will then connect
            to the other one (running in normal AP mode) like a normal wireless
            adapter, forming a wireless bridge. Or, if you don't have any laptops,
            PDA's or anything of that nature, you can run both of them in "bridge"
            mode which accomplishes the same thing but doesn't allow normal wireless
            clients to connect.

            Something to keep in mind anyway.
            -Joe, KD8ATU