Snowfall net, tonight (12/9) @ 7 PM

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2011
      Although it looks like the worst of it is going to go south of our area, there is a chance of snow accumulation today. As I described in an earlier post, I will be holding a snowfall report net on both 2m repeaters tonight at 7 PM.

      If you only have snow covering about half of your yard, that would be considered a "trace" of accumulation. If it's covering most or all of your yard, take a measurement with a yardstick and report it to the nearest 1/8th inch (NWS actually wants 1/10th, but yardsticks aren't marked that way). Your measurements will be more accurate if taken on a hard surface, not grass.

      Hope to hear you on!
      -Joe, N8FQ