Re: [HARC] Re: Absentee ballot for HARC election

  • Charles Rich
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
      Y'know, we have a lot of very good people in the club.  It takes little time and work to contribute a lot to keep it running smoothly.

      It amazes me that getting four people to run for office is such a difficult chore. How well we know the problems getting someone to chair a hamfest or field day.

      This is nothing new, of course, and it is quite common in all orginizations

      Amateur radio is not only a hobby, but is a service to our community.  We are a part of everything in our community.

      We mainly support in the background.  BUT, we are the Police, Fire, Emergency Services,
      Message Handlers, the eyes on the storms....and what keeps TULIP TIME, one of the largest and popular annual events in the United States, safe and secure -- It's the Hams of HARC.

      Is it all that difficult to keep a few notes of a meeting, or to collect dues and pay bills and know where the money goes???   I don't think so.

      I trust that someone will step up.

      I have been in your shoes for over 60 years, serving in nearly every office and committee.

      How about it, kids - Not just let Jim, Phil, Ike, Phil, Rick ot Tom do it ---- I want to see a couple of NEW faces getting invilved

      What keeps us together is a STRONG organization with CAPABLE  leaders.

      We don't need Rocket Scientists -- Just a couple of good guys who want to get involved..

      Chuck, W8GCW

      CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
      Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page AT http://chuckrich.net/radio.htm
      Licensed by the FCC since 1950