Re: FCC Finalizes Rules for Broadband From Wall Sockets

  • radioboy1950@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
      What I don't like is the power companies' ability to snoop into how much power any particular house is using. If the power company (authorized by the Imperial Federal Government) determines you are using too much power (none of their business), then what? Power Police stop and issue a citation? No thanks.
      That part should be challenged in court as being unconstitutional regarding illegal search and seizure.
      You're welcome.
      de Fuzzy, KA8FQS

      --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, "Tom KD8DEG" <kd8deg@...> wrote:

      > http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/125524

    • Charles Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
        They can do that, now,  Fuzzy.
        Remote (Drive by) meter reading, etc. They tell me that they can read a meter a couple blocks away.
        Uncle has his arm around you, and taking real good care of you.
        CER / GCW

        CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
        Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page AT http://chuckrich.net/radio.htm
        Licensed by the FCC since 1950