OCEC Monthly Meeting - Information

  • Megan Heyl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2011
      Hello Ottawa County Emergency Communicators! There IS going to be a
      meeting this month!!

      Thursday, August 11, 2011
      EOC - Fillmore Complex
      7:00pm - 9:00pm

      Ottawa ARES/RACES members and potential members are invited to attend
      a meeting this Thursday August 11th at 7:00pm. The meeting will be
      held at the Ottawa County Filmore Complex in the EOC training room.

      I have a number of ideas that I would like to discuss with all of you
      and would really love to see some new and returning faces at this
      meeting. At this meeting we will be discussing the following:
      1. Implementing a new type of county sector based program with an AEC
      for each sector, with this would come a local quarterly meeting to
      save you time and fuel each month.
      2. Training expectations for members.
      3. Using the ARRL ARES field guide as our Suggested Operating Guide.
      4. Fund raising ideas for the group so OCEC as the umbrella
      organization for the ARES/RACES in the county can help provide the
      membership with equipment, ARES Field Guides, map books and more.

      Please bring an open mind and any fellow hams who may not have a ride
      to the meeting.
      I know there have been some issues in the past and I would really like
      to try and work past those issues and rebuild the ARES/RACES program
      in Ottawa county, I can only do that with your help.
      Please consider coming to the meeting. I will have some items that I
      will be raffling off so come put you name in the bin, the more
      meetings you attend the better your odds of winning.

      Consider signing up for the OCEC yahoo group - OttawaCARES - to get
      the latest information !

      Thanks for all you do!
      73, Jason
    • hsdinkelmann@chartermi.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2011
        We can make it.  Is there any way we could get our photos done that same evening?  Hank and Sarah