TOMORROW IS TEST DAY!!!
For those of you taking the exam for a new or an upgraded ham license on Saturday (4/2 at 10:00am) at the American Red Cross, 270 James St., in Holland, here are the items you need to bring with you:
ON EXAM DAY BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: (Please: If you do not bring items 1, 2, 3, and 6, we will not be able to administer your exam)
1. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport).
a. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must
i. A non-photo ID/driver's license (some states still have them).
ii. A birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal).
iii. A social security card.
iv. A library card.
v. A utility bill, bank statement, or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
b. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor's work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
2. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN), or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). VEC’s are required by FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN, then you may use your FCC issued FRN, if you have one. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC's FAQ page and the FCC's registration instructions page.
3. Bring the original "and" a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license and any current Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
4. Two number two pencils with erasers (a mechanical pencil with an eraser works as well) and a pen.
5. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phones and pagers must be silenced or turned off during the exam session. The phones' calculator function may not be used.
Blank note paper will be available upon request and will be collected with all other testing materials upon exam completion.
6. Bring a check, a money order, or cash to cover the exam session fee(s). Checks and money orders should be made out to “ARRL/VEC”.
The ARRL VEC’s current exam fee is $15.00.
Note that if an exam element is failed and then retaken, an additional $15.00 will be required.
The HARC VE exam team wishes you all the best with your exam(s).