RE: [HARC] Important Question

  • Jim Lamberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi Stephanie, I don't think there is a waiver for the 5 wpm Morse code test.
      The VEs will try to help with the volume, audio frequency or speed of the
      exam. They can even use flashing light to send the code. Perhaps you can
      call the ARRL/VEC and ask them the phone # is 1-800-927-7583.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        You might want to check in with Handi-Hams. They have most any connection for
        most any handicap situation.
        Try contacting Ed Heyboer at kf8ev@.... Ed should be able to point you
        in the right direction.
        Chuck, W8GCW

        Stephanie Carter wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I do not live anywhere near Holland, but I need some information pdq.
        > Does anyone know where I can locate or download the paperwork needed
        > to obtain a waiver for the code portion of a general license. My
        > husband just received his hearing aids and he wants to look into
        > upgrading.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Stephanie Carter
        >
        > P.S. I looked on the FCC website, but everything seems to have
        > changed and I can't make heads or tails out of anything on there.

      • Stephanie Carter
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2002
          Thanks all!Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com