Important Question

  • Stephanie Carter
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      I do not live anywhere near Holland, but I need some information pdq.
      Does anyone know where I can locate or download the paperwork needed
      to obtain a waiver for the code portion of a general license. My
      husband just received his hearing aids and he wants to look into
      upgrading.

      Thank you,
      Stephanie Carter

      P.S. I looked on the FCC website, but everything seems to have
      changed and I can't make heads or tails out of anything on there.
    • Jim Lamberts
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Stephanie, I don't think there is a waiver for the 5 wpm Morse code test.
        The VEs will try to help with the volume, audio frequency or speed of the
        exam. They can even use flashing light to send the code. Perhaps you can
        call the ARRL/VEC and ask them the phone # is 1-800-927-7583.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
          You might want to check in with Handi-Hams. They have most any connection for
          most any handicap situation.
          Try contacting Ed Heyboer at kf8ev@.... Ed should be able to point you
          in the right direction.
          Chuck, W8GCW