The Ottawa Co. Volunteer of the Year 2010 is...

  • larynl2
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
      John N8WVN!

      It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

      Laryn K8TVZ
    • K8TB
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
        Congrats John, and very very well deserved...

                tom k8tb

        On 1/17/2011 9:27 PM, larynl2 wrote:

        John N8WVN!

        It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

        Laryn K8TVZ

      • Joe DeKock
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
          Congratulations John!

          --
          J.D.
          Ham Radio Call Sign: AC8JD

        • Wilson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
            "Congratulations"!!! John. Well deserved.

            KD8DEG  Tom

            It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

            Laryn K8TVZ

          • Alan Beagley
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
              On 01/17/11 09:26 pm, larynl2 wrote:
              > John N8WVN!
              >
              > It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!
              >
              > Laryn K8TVZ

              Congratulations, John.

              73

              Alan NV8A
            • Sue Seidelman
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
                Cngratulations John - you certainly deserve the recognition for your contributions to OCEC!

                John WD8BWK
                Sue KC8RQS
              • Ed Heyboer
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
                  Way to go, John.
                  You deserve the recognition after all those hours behind the mic.

                  Ed,  KF8EV

                  It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

                  Laryn K8TVZ

                • cgregory
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
                    Congratulations, John
                    You earned it...
                    Charlie
                    N8QEM
                    It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

                    Laryn K8TVZ

                  • Allen Walters
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
                      congrats John. A good job well done.
                      Al

                      You deserve the recognition after all those hours behind the mic.

                      Ed,  KF8EV

                      It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

                      Laryn K8TVZ

                    • Charles Rich
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011
                        Yes, those late nights and long hours DO pay off.
                        Great work, John.

                        You are much appreciated.

                        Chuck, W8GCW

                        CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
                        Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page AT http://chuckrich.net/radio.htm
                        Licensed by the FCC since 1950

                        You deserve the recognition after all those hours behind the mic.

                        Ed,  KF8EV

                        It was awarded to John at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet this evening. In attendance were Sheriff Gary Rosema, Undersheriff Greg Steigenga, Emergency Services Director Bill Smith, and numerous county volunteers. Congrats John!

                        Laryn K8TVZ

                      • Jim Lamberts
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 18, 2011

                          WAY TO GO JOHN  !!

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 20, 2011
                            Wow...need to check the email on the computer more often!!!

                            Thanks to all for the kind words. Yes I survived the spotlight ok, but the sad part is that Bill Smith is leaving, and that was his last meeting.

                            I want to thank all the "others" that have participated in volunteer events, and especially those that helped with Skywarn. Without all of you there wouldn't be anything to get an award for. I also want to thank HARC for the use of the HARC repeater. Without that resource in Ottawa County it would have been difficult to have good communications for everyone.

                            Again I say thank you, and thanks to all of you for being there!

                            John N8WVN

                          • Nathan Silva
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 22, 2011
                              Congratulations John, you are a real asset to the county and the amateur radio community.

                              Nate
                              KD8NPC