W8IO

  • Phil Van Huis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
      FYI

      Bob, W8IO, is at his old summer home in Saugatuck for a few days.

      Some of you may remember him.  He is the retired school teacher from Cleveland who came up to Saugatuck to stay at his summer home each summer.

      He arrived there yesterday (Wed.) and is going back next Tuesday.

      He has put out his call on the repeater a few times.  A few of us have talked with him today and he is anxious to talk with all his old friends on the Holland repeater.  But, even if you haven't talked with him before; you should, because he is a very interesting person and he would appreciate hearing from anyone in the '06' area.

      So, keep your radios tuned to the 06 and listen for his call.

      73, Phil, K8PVH

    • Mike Sabatino

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2010
          I chewed with Bob yesterday morning. He filled all my time for my drive from Holland to Hamilton. He is a very kind person with a very interesting history!