virus

  • lsaylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2002
      Yes, it is a ditto on the w32kletz virus situation.
      Norton captured 2 viruses from messages I
      received that came through k8daa from or along
      with other ham addresses/messages, couldn't repair,
      so quarantined and then I deleted them both.

    • lsaylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2002
        Seems like everytime I open my e-mail, a virus e-mail
        and attachment keeps coming through the club e-mail
        or groups systemNorton has caught it each time,
        but it is rather annoying.  Is there anything that can be
        done to stop it from getting into the club e-mail system?
        Is everyone running into the same problem?

        Thanks for any info,
            Larry, KA8TEY  and Guelda too
      • John Wehmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
          My ISP raised it's rates $1.00/month and does email virus scanning before I ever get the email, so I have not had a problem.  For those that have outdated anti-virus software try www.grisoft.com

          John WB9JSR/8

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
            To All
            My Computer got infected by this file. It is the Klez Virus and I just had to pay $55 to get it out of my computer. If you get something from someone you are not getting e mails from on a regular basis Do NOT OPEN the attachments. The virus goes into your address book and mails everybody a message from someone other than you in your address book, with a many subjects. It is going thro the Hams in our area so be careful. 73 Tom

            From Tom VanderMel KB8VEE Home Page http://www.qsl.net/kb8vee/                              E mail kb8vee@... or kb8vee@...
            Home Phone is (231) 865-1558 Cell phone is (231) 206-0422
            I am having the same problem, get at least one every day, now. If this continues, I'll be running out of files. I am about ready to un-subscribe from the group until the problem is resolved. I don't even have to open the attachment for the virus to get into the file, the last couple of days.

            Gene, N8STM