Tally Ho! Fox hunting season is in sight

  • Michel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2010
      Announcing:

      The Spring Kickoff Foxhunt - 2010

      Get the cobwebs off your RDF gear and tune it up for the season.

      Tuesday, April 20th, 7:00 PM

      Representing "Team Kent", winners of last year's fox hunt, James Richards, K8JHR, and Chuck Nowak, AJ8W, will be our fox team for the night.   Come on out and see if they can hide as well as they can hunt. Everyone is welcome -- how about a "team Allegan" or a "team kazoo"  this year?

      The starting location for the hunters will be at the Holland ARC clubhouse on 8th Avenue (near the train station). Talk-in will be on the 147.060 Repeater. Please be there plenty early to finalize teams and record your odometer reading.  The winner of this foxhunt will be in the car that finds the fox within the two hour limit and has the lowest odometer/trip reading.

      Being the first hunt of the season, this will be a basic level hunt with no Doppler antennas allowed. Winners will get the first option to be the fox at the next HARC fox hunt.  New to fox hunting?  Come on out and learn the fun way -- by doing it!  We will show you how.  It's great fun.

      Remember

      Tuesday, April 6th, BOARD MEETING
      Tuesday, April 13th MEMBERSHIP MEETING
      Tuesday, April 20th SPRING KICKOFF FOXHUNT - 2010

      Hope to see you there!  :)