Nicad Charging

  • johnwehm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2002
      Is there a nicad expert out there? I have a tendency to want to
      ALWAYS run the battery down and then FULLY charge it up. My HT
      requires that the batter be plugged into the radio when charging.
      That means that I can not use my HT for 16 hours!

      How often should I let the battery run down and fully charge and is
      it ok the partially charge the battery and then use the radio for a
      while?

      John Wehmer
      WB9JSR/8
      Port Sheleon