Re: [HARC] net control needed

  • Ed Heyboer
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 13, 2009
      O K tnx Megan.

      I have Jim as net control on Nov. 30.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Megan Heyl
      To: k8daa@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [HARC] net control needed

      Ed,

      Since we will be moved back in and hopefully the dust will have
      settled, Jim said he would take the hot seat for Net Control end of
      November, so lets throw him in on Nov 30th. Of course, if there is
      any other "quick needs"... let me know..

      I have had a blast doing net with you the past 2 weeks... we are quite
      the team!
      Megan

      On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:38 PM, <eheyboer@...> wrote:

      > Last night's Monday 2 m. net ran smooth with 18 "check-ins". Running
      > it as net control is a lot of fun and you get to communicate on the
      > air with many different HAMS. Give it a try.
      >
      > You can choose from the following open dates. Just contact me and
      > I'll put you down on the date you can do it.
      >
      > Ed, KF8EV
      >
      > Oct. 19:
      >
      > Oct. 26:
      >
      > Nov. 2:
      >
      > Nov. 9: Megan, WO0MEG
      >
      > Nov. 16:
      >
      > Nov. 23:
      >
      > Nov. 30:
      >
      > Dec. 7:

    • Wilson
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 13, 2009
        Hi Ed,

        I have filled in the following dates for net control; Oct 26th, Nov 23rd, and Dec 7th.

        KD8DEG Tom

        Last night's Monday 2 m. net ran smooth with 18 "check-ins". Running it as net control is a lot of fun and you get to communicate on the air with many different HAMS. Give it a try.

        You can choose from the following open dates. Just contact me and I'll put you down on the date you can do it.

        Ed, KF8EV

        Oct. 19:

        Oct. 26: Tom KD8DEG

        Nov. 2:

        Nov. 9: Megan, WO0MEG

        Nov. 16:

        Nov. 23: Tom KD8DEG

        Nov. 30:

        Dec. 7: Tom KD8DEG

      • eheyboer@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 18, 2010
          The net tonight was full of fun.  After some announcements, laryn turned off the repeater thus simulating a failure of some sort.  The net resumed on 147.060 simplex taking nine check-ins.  GOOD PRACTICE!

          An easy way to handle that type of situation is to preset a memory channel to the 147.060 simplex so it becomes easy to switch.

          Many persons had great comments about the swap last Saturday too.

          The net control for next week 10/25 had to cancel.  Therefore I am looking for someone to do the honors.  If you could help out, just let me know.

          73,

          Ed,  KF8EV

        • Ed Heyboer
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 11, 2011

            Due to a last minute change of plans, the HARC 2m net needs a net control operater Monday night 9/12.

            If you do not plan to attend the club meeting and can take the net for us, please let me know.  If no one can do it, I’ll will run an abbreviated net from the club meeting site to keep it on the air.

            73,

            Ed,  KF8EV

            616 772-4811

            Kf8ev@...

          • Ed Heyboer
            Message 5 of 24 , May 31, 2012

              The HARC Monday net meets each week at 7:30 pm. On 147.060 mHz.  Most nights have a net control, but a few dates need one.  If you would care to take a net, just let me know.

              Below is the list of dates and the preamble.

              June 4:  (club officer?)

              June 11:  Tom ,  KD8DEG

              June 18:  Ed ,  KF8EV

              June 25:

              July 2:  (club officer?)

                    NET PREAMBLE FOR MONDAY NIGHT 2 METER NET

              This is (your call sign) net control for the Holland Amateur Radio Club

              Monday night net.

              This net meets each Monday night at 19 30 hours easterntime,on this,

              the K8DAA 2 meter repeater, 147.06 MHz, positive

              offset, with a PL of 94.8.

              This is an open net, you do not need to bea a HARC

              member to participate.

              (followed by the usual calls for emergency, mobile and general checkins)

              Announcements:

              Topic:

              LIST:

            • Tom KD8DEG
              Message 6 of 24 , May 31, 2012
                Hi Ed!!

                Put me down for the 25th of June.

                KD8DEG  Tom

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
                  Hey Ed,

                  You might as well put me down for June 4.

                  Phil

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 1, 2012
                    Thanks Phil.
                    You're in the chair May 4.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 2, 2012
                      O K great, Tom.

                      Got you down for June 25 also.

                      Thanks

                      Ed, KF8EV

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 26, 2012

                        Despite a busy summer, last night’s net had a lot of check-ins.  Lots of good info was shared too.  BUT, Ed told his story about Field Day twice.  The first time was on 443.8225 mHz.  OOOOPS

                        July 16 is the only date available in the middle of Summer.  Would someone step up to fill that date?  I will not be around that night to cover if no one can do it.

                        Let me know.

                        Please note the date you are n.c. No reminders will be sent this month.

                        July 2: Kim, K8KAL

                        July 9: Tom , KD8DEG

                        July 16:

                        July 23:  Tom KD8DEG

                        July30:   Ed , KF8EV

                        TNX and 73,

                        Ed,  KF8EV

                      • Phil Van Huis
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 26, 2012
                          HEY ED,

                          Put me down for the 16th.  I should be able to do it.

                          Phil, K8PVH

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 27, 2012
                            Good, Thanks Phil.
                            You're on the 16 line.

                            Ed, KF8EV

                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 14, 2014

                              HARC 2 meter net is looking for a net control on October 20.  If you can take the n.c. chair that night, it would be appreciated.  Just let me know.

                              I noticed many unfamiliar (to me) call signs at our meeting last night.  I encourage all of you to check into our 2m net on at 19:30 hours on 147.060 mHz.  It’s good practice to run a net too.  Consider taking the n. c. chair sometime.

                              Contact me for more information.

                              Ed,  KF8EV

                              616-772-4811 home

                              616-403-4899 cell

                              Kf8ev@...

                            • Aaron Folkert
                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 14, 2014

                                I am free that day Ed. I'll take it.

                                Aaron, KD8VUN

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 15, 2014
                                      O K Jim.
                                      I've got you down for Oct. 20.
                                      Thanks and 73,

                                      Ed, KF8EV

                                      Ed, I can take Net Control for 10/20/14. Jim

                                      On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:24 AM, "'Ed Heyboer' eheyboer@...
                                      [k8daa]" <k8daa@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      HARC 2 meter net is looking for a net control on October 20. If you can
                                      take the n.c. chair that night, it would be appreciated. Just let me know.

                                      I noticed many unfamiliar (to me) call signs at our meeting last night. I
                                      encourage all of you to check into our 2m net on at 19:30 hours on 147.060
                                      mHz. It's good practice to run a net too. Consider taking the n. c. chair
                                      sometime.

                                      Contact me for more information.
                                      Ed, KF8EV
                                      616-772-4811 home
                                      616-403-4899 cell
                                      Kf8ev@...

                                      ________________________________

                                      because avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com/> protection is active.

                                      ---
                                    • Ed Heyboer
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Oct 15, 2014
                                        Thanks Aaron. I have already acknowledged Jim for that night. Maybe next
                                        time.

                                        Thanks again and 73.

                                        Ed, KF8EV

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Oct 15, 2014

                                          Um. Ok Ed, but the website says that I'm on Oct. 20 so something's messed up here…. :P Just tell me what to do and I'll do it!

                                          Have a good day!

                                          Aaron, KD8VUN

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Oct 17, 2014
                                            We'll plan on Aaron doing N.C. On Monday the 20th.
                                            Kim will stand by if any mix up.
                                            73 Ed KF8EV

                                            Sent from my iPhone

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Oct 17, 2014

                                                Got the message Ed.

                                                I find it rather funny that we're fighting over net control. Four months ago, that wasn't even in our dreams I don't think. :) (At least it was a friendly fight. hi hi!)

                                                Aaron, KD8VUN