RE: [HARC] Ken's church

  • Gary Lauff
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
      Chuck,
      Someone on the MDXA 2 meter FM Net this past Tuesday said that Ken was burried out of a Catholic Church and cemetery. Is your point that the church was ORIGINALLY CRC, but is CURRENTLY a Catholic church? I'm confused.
      I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting Ken. But, maybe, if I saw a photo of him, I would remember seeing him at a swap. Can anyone out there direct me to a photo of Ken, that may still be on the web? I think I am confusing him with Alan, because of the accent.
      PS How many warm bodies do you currently have at the CW class? I would love to be there, but I just have too much going on Monday nights. If you ever change the day of the week, let me know.

    • Charles Rich
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
        It

        WE ARE ONE OF WEST MICHIGAN'S PIONEER WEDDING VIDEOGRAPHERS, IN BUSINESS SINCE 1992. WE ALSO SERVE CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES WITH CUSTOM VIDEO PRODUCTION.

        VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.chuckrich.net

        Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page. Licensed by the FCC since 1950

        Someone on the MDXA 2 meter FM Net this past Tuesday said that Ken was burried out of a Catholic Church and cemetery. Is your point that the church was ORIGINALLY CRC, but is CURRENTLY a Catholic church? I'm confused.
        I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting Ken. But, maybe, if I saw a photo of him, I would remember seeing him at a swap. Can anyone out there direct me to a photo of Ken, that may still be on the web? I think I am confusing him with Alan, because of the accent.
        PS How many warm bodies do you currently have at the CW class? I would love to be there, but I just have too much going on Monday nights. If you ever change the day of the week, let me know.
        http://clk.atdmt com/MRT/go/ msnnkwxp10200931 85mrt/direct/ 01/

      • Peter Venlet
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
          Interesting reply, Chuck..;)

          Peter C. Venlet

          1348 Woodfield Dr.

          Zeeland, Michigan 49464-2207

          616-772-0367 (home)

          616-566-1947 (cell)

          pvenlet@...

          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you
          didn't do than by the ones you did do." -Mark Twain

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008

            It WAS CRC when built.  The first pastor was K0TWB who is now an HARC member.
            Now a Catholic Church.
            He was buried in a Holland Cemetary (Non denoninational.)
            Ken's pix is on the HARC website perhaps others
            The visitation was Sunday in Grand Haven -

            Hey buddy ------Missing you at the code class....we're up to ;lesson 3....and have room for you.

            Still carrying around the tower info, too...!!!
            Chuck, W8GCW

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
              Very interesting.  Somehow it was sent BEFORE I was done --- Don't know why.  Anyway the final edition was OK.

              CER / GCW

              --- On Wed, 10/1/08, Gary Lauff <gary_lauff@hotmail. com

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
                Peter,
                I guess Chuck suffers from: "pre-mature E-mailagation." I think they make a pill for that.