Tracking an Autistic Child...

  • Steve Whitcomb
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2002
      Hi Al,

      CareTrak markets tracking products specifically related to children with
      Autism and seniors with Alzheimer's, among others. I don't have any
      experience with their products, but it is at least one resource to check
      out.
      http://www.caretrak.com/

      The Christian Science Monitor (news magazine) had an article that dealt with
      some issues of tracking autistic children and implantable devices for
      tracking.
      http://www.csmonitor.com/durable/1998/09/03/fp51s1-csm.htm

      In recent years the Internet has become a natural place for parents of
      autistic children to find information, encouragement and support. Support
      group information online can be found at the following. This would probably
      be a good start. The child's parent you mentioned should network with some
      other parents to get feedback on any such products. It pays to get an
      experienced opinion.
      http://autism.about.com/cs/supportgroups/

      I hope this helps,

      Steve Whitcomb
      engineer@...
      "The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be
      done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
      Harry Emerson Fosdick