Pete's QRP Challenge March 2002!

  • petehoffswell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Advance announcement!

      Back by popular demand, and for the third year running, it's
      Pete's QRP Challenge!

      2001 was a great challenge, with a lot of fun being had. In the last
      hours of the challenge Dave, WD8PUO, knocked Pete out of the lead
      spot with a 1/2 watt QSO to Santa Catalina Island, South Brazil!
      Dave registered 9580 miles per watt! AND he did it on SSB, not CW!

      Results at:
      http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa/qrpc2001.html

      This year, we will be challenging our low power skillis in the month
      of MARCH. Feburary is the time to make sure your gear is set up, and
      you can turn your power down. Way down!

      http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa/qrpchallenge.html

      PSK31 has been quite popular over the past year, and a number of Hams
      have had great fun with it. Rest assured, Pete will be happily
      accepting reports from this mode as well!

      Let me quote James, KC8OPV, from last year's Challenge: "That was
      probably the most fun I've had on HF since field day last year"

      Consider yourself Challenged! I hope you all consider turning the
      power down, and droping me a note with your QRP QSO!

      - Pete
      http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa