N9SSA APRS Activity

  • petehoffswell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi Friends -

      Here's a quick update to you that may be interested in APRS -

      Pete's APRS Map and Weather server:
      http://n9ssa.hoffswell.com/
      This server runs APRS+SA (SA is Street Atlas) You can see maps
      showing stations heard, as well as weather info.

      This same information can be seen, with more functionality at
      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=N9SSA

      Pete's APRSd Server:
      http://aprsd.hoffswell.com/
      This is a linux APRSd server, that gates all the RF Packet I hear to
      the Internet. It sends the packets to national and state APRS
      servers, to be accessed by findu.com, and other stuff.

      My server also conveys messages from the internet APRS network to
      local RF, but only very few. I do not gate any positions from the
      internet to rf at this time.

      For you that really want to tech out, telnet to the following address
      and port:
      hoffswell.no-ip.com port 14579
      At this port, you can actually watch the packet stream from my tnc.

      If you have APRS software that can connect to the internet, you can
      connect to the same above address and port, and get the data right
      into your software.

      For the latest and greatest, always check my ham site at:
      http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa

      Have a great weekend!