President Bush on 40 Meters

  • Tom VanderMel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      To All Ham's
      This was kind of neat. 73 Tom

      From Tom VanderMel KB8VEE New e mail kb8vee@... or kb8vee@...
      New Home Phone is (231) 865-1558 Cell phone is (231) 206-0422

      The following is provided by North Florida Amateur
      Radio Society (NOFARS)
      President and CQ DX Award Manager Billy Williams,
      N4UF:

      President Bush on 40 Meters

      The Northern Florida Amateur Radio Emergency Service
      Net (NFAN) on 3950 KHz had an unusual check-in this morning (January
      31st).
      Around 9:15 AM, President George W. Bush checked in using a portable
      station set up in a Daytona Beach fire station by John Schmidt, AF4PU.

      The President made these comments to the 40 or so
      stations on NFAN:

      "I want to thank all the volunteers who help make
      sure that Florida is prepared for any kind of emergency. I also want to
      assure you that your Federal government is doing everything we can to
      make sure that there is not an emergency--starting with unleashing the
      mighty U.S. military overseas to bring evil ones to justice. But should
      there be a need for a response, I want to thank you all for helping our
      communities be prepared.
      And finally, I want to tell you--we are lucky to be
      Americans and may God Continue to bless this great land of ours
      Thank you very much."