Re: [HARC] Yahoo Delay

  • Ernest Lloyd
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2008
      I am on SBCGlobal DSL, and the only Yahoo messages I have had blocked for "abuse" are concerned with the vp@ (harc) address, and come from people I do not know. Nearly everything I get from that address is spam, so I think it is now a "spam heaven". So please do not send mail to me at that address, because it will be treated as spam.
      73, Ernie, W8EL

      Wilson <kd8deg@...> wrote:
      Laryn,

      I think it boils down to band width, with the yahoo groups. But there is an issue with ComCast right now concerning down loads. I have Centurytel DSL at my place and the groups are slow here also. Centurytel went as far as to block Yahoo groups to me. That was a long fight.

      Tom KD8DEG

        > There's rumblings that Comcast/Charter have been delaying down
        loads. Big investigation taking place in regards to the intentional delay.

        > Tom KD8DEG

        If true, they're targeting Yahoogroups only. This occurs *only* with
        any of the Yahoogroups.

        Laryn K8TVZ

        WE ARE ONE OF WEST MICHIGAN'S PIONEER WEDDING VIDEOGRAPHERS, IN BUSINESS SINCE 1992. WE ALSO SERVE CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES WITH CUSTOM VIDEO PRODUCTION.

        VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.chuckrich.net

        Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page. Licensed by the FCC since 1950

      • Ernest Lloyd