Belated apology -- and suggestions. Was: Election results

  • Alan NV8A
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
      On 01/08/08 10:19 pm Joe Veldhuis wrote:

      > Tonight's meeting, like last month's, had very sparse attendance. However, as the club currently has only two members (Rick N8GGO and Ernie W8EL), both of whom were at the meeting, it was decided that a sufficient quorum was present for elections to be held.
      >
      > The 2008 Holland Amateur Radio Club board of directors:
      > President: Chuck Rich, W8GCW
      > Vice President: Ernie Lloyd, W8EL
      > Secretary: Chris Dandrea, KC8RQT
      > Treasurer: Phil Van Huis, K8PVH

      I totally overlooked the fact that last Tuesday was already the second
      one of the month, or I would have been at the meeting. My apologies.

      As for the poor attendance, not just to this latest meeting, but to
      others also... I suggest that one reason may be that no announcement has
      been made of what is to take place after the business part of the
      meeting. We need interesting topics to get people to the meetings, and I
      have some suggestions:

      1. Get somebody from GRARA to talk about the addition of D-Star
      capabilities to their repeater system.

      2. "Regulation by bandwidth" is a hot topic in some quarters. Perhaps we
      could find somebody who can talk about it, giving both pros and cons --
      or two people to talk about it, one pro, one con.

      3. I'd be willing to bring my FLEX-5000 some time, and I'm sure Tom (or
      others when they get them) would be willing to show off the Elecraft K3.
      Whether these would be separate presentations or combined is up to the
      committee.

      73

      Alan NV8A
    • Ernest Lloyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
        Alan, when do you want to bring down and demonstrate your Flex 5000? And also, do you know who is involved with the Dstar repeater in GR?
        73, Ernie, W8EL

        Alan NV8A <nv8a@...> wrote:
        On 01/08/08 10:19 pm Joe Veldhuis wrote:

        > Tonight's meeting, like last month's, had very sparse attendance. However, as the club currently has only two members (Rick N8GGO and Ernie W8EL), both of whom were at the meeting, it was decided that a sufficient quorum was present for elections to be held.
        >
        > The 2008 Holland Amateur Radio Club board of directors:
        > President: Chuck Rich, W8GCW
        > Vice President: Ernie Lloyd, W8EL
        > Secretary: Chris Dandrea, KC8RQT
        > Treasurer: Phil Van Huis, K8PVH

        I totally overlooked the fact that last Tuesday was already the second
        one of the month, or I would have been at the meeting. My apologies.

        As for the poor attendance, not just to this latest meeting, but to
        others also... I suggest that one reason may be that no announcement has
        been made of what is to take place after the business part of the
        meeting. We need interesting topics to get people to the meetings, and I
        have some suggestions:

        1. Get somebody from GRARA to talk about the addition of D-Star
        capabilities to their repeater system.

        2. "Regulation by bandwidth" is a hot topic in some quarters. Perhaps we
        could find somebody who can talk about it, giving both pros and cons --
        or two people to talk about it, one pro, one con.

        3. I'd be willing to bring my FLEX-5000 some time, and I'm sure Tom (or
        others when they get them) would be willing to show off the Elecraft K3.
        Whether these would be separate presentations or combined is up to the
        committee.

        73

        Alan NV8A

      • Wilson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
          Get a hold of Dave Devos, KF8QL, for your "D" Star presentation.

          Tom KD8DEG