Re: New Icom Rig

  • radioboy1950
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2007
      What? It doesn't do logging? Or make coffee? Cheapskates! (only
      kidding!). Now, if it could make a pot of chili for field day....
    • kalobert
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2007
        Hey All,,

        Just been to Dayton and got a look at the new rig from Icom. Billed
        as a "younger sibling" to the 7800, with a lot of the same features,
        except the price. Projected price is in the $6000.00 range. Looks
        like it could be a nice rig.

        Kenwood also introduced a new rig called the 710, a dual band
        mobile/portable/base much like the D-700, but with a few more
        goodies. This rig is also Echo-Link ready, as well as APRS and all
        the other features of the 700.

        Both rigs are due out toward the end of the year. I have some
        literature on them both if anyone would like to take a look.

        73,

        Kim N8KAL
      • Alan NV8A
        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2007
          On 05/20/07 02:54 pm radioboy1950 wrote:

          > What? It doesn't do logging? Or make coffee? Cheapskates! (only
          > kidding!). Now, if it could make a pot of chili for field day....

          What do you expect for only $6K?

          73

          Alan NV8A