Re: [HARC] Dayton Hamvention

  • Art Van*Wyhe
    Message 1 of 16 , May 11, 2007
      John, I will be watching for you at Dayton as well.
      We will be staying at the KOA campground. Art

    • whodat.4@juno.com
      Message 2 of 16 , May 11, 2007
        Will be good to see you there Art.

      • Alan NV8A
        Message 3 of 16 , May 11, 2007
          On 05/11/07 11:02 am whodat.4@... wrote:

          > Will be good to see you there Art.

          When and by what route are people traveling? Jeanette and I have a motel
          room booked for Thur-Sat nights and aim to be in Dayton on Thur
          afternoon in time for any evening activities. We expect to go via Fort
          Wayne.

          73

          Alan NV8A
        • Art Van*Wyhe
          Message 4 of 16 , May 12, 2007
            Alan, I always take US31 to Indianapolis and then 70.

            John and Alan, what frequencies will you monitor at
            Dayton? art
            --- Alan NV8A <nv8a@...> wrote:

            > On 05/11/07 11:02 am whodat.4@... wrote:
            >
            > > Will be good to see you there Art.
            >

            > When and by what route are people traveling?
            > Jeanette and I have a motel
            > room booked for Thur-Sat nights and aim to be in
            > Dayton on Thur
            > afternoon in time for any evening activities. We
            > expect to go via Fort
            > Wayne.
            >
            > 73
            >
            > Alan NV8A

          • Ernest Lloyd
            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2007
              Alan, if you take US 31, try to avoid Kokomo at rush hour - it is gridlock city. We have been caught there before on other trips.There are a number of back roads you can take across to avoid Kokomo and Indianapolis.
              73, Ernie, W8EL

              --- Alan NV8A <nv8a@...> wrote:

              > On 05/11/07 11:02 am whodat.4@... wrote:
              >
              > > Will be good to see you there Art.
              >

              > When and by what route are people traveling?
              > Jeanette and I have a motel
              > room booked for Thur-Sat nights and aim to be in
              > Dayton on Thur
              > afternoon in time for any evening activities. We
              > expect to go via Fort
              > Wayne.
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Alan NV8A

            • Alan NV8A
              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2007
                On 05/12/07 09:46 am Art Van*Wyhe wrote:

                > Alan, I always take US31 to Indianapolis and then 70.
                >
                > John and Alan, what frequencies will you monitor at
                > Dayton? art

                I think Jonathan and I took 31 to Indianapolis in 2005, but Jeanette and
                I had thought of going via Fort Wayne (and then some State Hwy) this
                year, as suggested by Yahoo Maps; we'll think about it some more.

                Frequencies? Jonathan and I used some unused 220MHz simplex frequency
                within the Hamvention area, but not everybody has 220. I don't know...
                What have people used in the past? Are there good repeaters to use down
                there?

                Alan
              • John Hanse
                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2007
                  I am taking 94 to i69 s to ft. Wayne 469 by pass in ft wayne take it to us 30 east to i75 south to dayton.
                  John kc8qde

                  --- Alan NV8A <nv8a@...> wrote:

                  > On 05/11/07 11:02 am whodat.4@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > Will be good to see you there Art.
                  >

                  > When and by what route are people traveling?
                  > Jeanette and I have a motel
                  > room booked for Thur-Sat nights and aim to be in
                  > Dayton on Thur
                  > afternoon in time for any evening activities. We
                  > expect to go via Fort
                  > Wayne.
                  >
                  > 73
                  >
                  > Alan NV8A

                • Alan NV8A
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2007
                    What about just taking 31 to 30 and going all the way across on 30 --
                    and around Ft. Wayne -- to 75?

                    Alan NV8A

                    On 05/15/07 06:21 pm John Hanse wrote:

                    > I am taking 94 to i69 s to ft. Wayne 469 by pass in ft wayne take it to us 30 east to i75 south to dayton.
                  • john Hanse
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2007
                      Too many small towns, higher speeds on the bigger roads.

                      John

                      _____

                      What about just taking 31 to 30 and going all the way across on 30 --
                      and around Ft. Wayne -- to 75?

                      Alan NV8A

                      On 05/15/07 06:21 pm John Hanse wrote:

                      > I am taking 94 to i69 s to ft. Wayne 469 by pass in ft wayne take it to us
                      30 east to i75 south to dayton.

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      10:47 AM

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      10:47 AM

                    • R K
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 16, 2007
                        Just for arguments sake, we take this route down for a
                        nice drive through the country-side of Indianna.

                        131 to 94, 94 to 69, 69 to 469 around Fort Wayne, 469
                        to 27, 27 south to 70 at the Indiana/Ohio border. We
                        camp just off 27 in New Paris Ohio so it is easiest
                        for us. Just thought someone else may enjoy this
                        route. Lots of places to stop along the way and things
                        to see.

                        73, KC8RTX Rohn
                        --- john Hanse <johnhanse@...> wrote:

                        > Too many small towns, higher speeds on the bigger
                        > roads.
                        >

                        > John
                        >

                        > _____

                        It's here! Your new message!
                      • Alan NV8A
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 16, 2007
                          This is how we originally planned to go, but I was wrong about it being
                          the route recommended by Yahoo maps (it might have been Mapquest's
                          recommendation). And 27 is not just a State Hwy as I stated but a US Hwy.

                          73

                          Alan NV8A