Fw: Turn up your sound!

  • lsaylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2001

      Subject: Fw: Turn up your sound!

      Subject: Turn up your sound!

      I AM THE FLAG OF THE
      UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

      I am the flag of the United States of America.
      My name is Old Glory.

      I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
      I stand watch in America's halls of justice.

      I fly majestically over institutions of learning.
      I stand guard with power in the world.

      Look up ... and see me.

      I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.
      I stand for freedom.

      I am confident.
      I am arrogant.
      I am proud.

      When I am flown with my fellow banners,
      my head is a little higher,
      my colors a little bit truer.

      I bow to no one!

      I am recognized all over the world.
      I am worshipped - I am saluted.

      I am loved - I am revered.
      I am respected -- and I am feared.

      I have fought in every battle of every
      war for more then 200 years.

      I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg,
      Shiloh and Appomattox.

      I was there at San Juan Hill,
      the trenches of France,
      in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome
      and the beaches of Normandy, Guam.
      Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon,
      Vietnam know me,

      I was there.
      I led my troops,
      I was dirty, battleworn and tired,
      but my soldiers cheered me
      And I was proud.

      I have been burned, torn and trampled
      on the streets of countries I have helped set free.
      It does not hurt, for I am invincible.
      I have been soiled upon, burned, torn
      and trampled on the streets of my country.
      And when it's by those! whom I've served in battle -
      it hurts.

      But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

      I have slipped the bonds of Earth
      and stood watch over the uncharted
      frontiers of space from my vantage point
      on the moon.

      I have borne silent witness
      to all of America's finest hours.
      But my finest hours are yet to come.

      When I am torn into strips
      and used as bandages
      for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
      When I am flown at half-mast to honor my soldier,
      Or when I lie in the trembling arms
      of a grieving parent
      at the grave of their fallen son or daughter,

      I am proud.

      MY NAME IS OLD GLORY
      LONG MAY I WAVE.
      DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN