Re: [HARC] cw copying

  • Ernest Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      Al: according to the QST article it is a training program - if you miss a call it slows down, and if you copy sucessfully it increases the speed. I understand it is a popular program in Europe, and would be great training for contest type operation where the most difficult thing is to copy the call. I plan to download it after New Year's and will send you more infor when I have it.
      73, Ernie, W8EL
      PS: we are planning a CW training net, probably starting in February when 10 meters opens up for codeless licenses, and at this point we have three volunteer net controls. That would also be a good way to get your copying speed up. There is a lot of DX out there on CW.
      73, Ernie, W8EL

      Al & Esther Walters <walters@...> wrote:
      Has anyone seen and read page 83 of the january QST? It is about a software program called RUFZXP.It can be down loaded from www.RufzXP.net.
      People world wide are using this program to copy call sign at speeds up to 200 Words per minute. The maximum speed is about 833 wpm.You must have MS.NET swet up also. The program should run under windows xp,2000,NT,ME,and 98.

      Good luck if you try it. I don't think I'm ready for something that speed yet. I use cw so seldom I have trouble copying 5 wpm now.

      73 Al, nd8q