On copyrighting photos/images

  • Peter Venlet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      I have been asked by a couple of people about how on copyrights photos
      after recently posting several of the waterspouts on Friday. Well, It's
      pretty easy and does not take too long.

      You see, do not have to do anything to establish copyright in a
      photograph - all photos are automatically copyrighted.

      However, it is advised that whenever you publish a photograph,
      particularly on web sites, it is a good idea to use a copyright
      statement, such as '© 1999 John Brown' on or near the work as a
      reminder. The year is normally the date of first publication. This could
      be in the caption, the 'alt text' on simply on the web page. A single
      statement can cover all the images on a whole site, though its probably
      best to repeat it at least on each page as a reminder.

      Peter, N8YEL