Constitution vote Turesday 12 September - need your attendance!!!

  • Don Stephens
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2006
      Your attendance is requested at the next Holland Amateur Radio Club meeting (12 September @ 7:15pm) to cast your vote on the club’s updated constitution. In order to accept this rewrite, we need at least 2/3 of the total membership to vote in favor.

      The latest version we could find was written in 1976. So, we put together a rewrite committee of Ernie Lloyd W8EL, Chuck Rich W8GCW, Jim Lambert KC6KE, Ed Heyboer KF8EV, Bill King K8Wlk, and Don Stephens KD8DAG. This committee worked diligently to preserve the constitution basics and bring it up to date.

      The rewritten constitution was presented to the club membership at the August meeting. It is posted on the club’s web site, www.hollandarc.org, under the documents heading. A two week comment period was opened following the presentation. No comments or revision suggestions were received.

      Directions to the HARC Technology and Training Center at 280 E. 8th St in Holland are also available on the web site. We will be monitoring the 147.06 repeater for talk ins.

      So, now we need to get all the membership to the club meeting to vote on this constitution rewrite.

      The coffee is always good. The friendships are real. The hobby is alive!

      73
      Don Stephens
      KD8DAG
      Constitution Rewrite Committee Chairman