T&TC internet hookup status?

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Awhile back there were plans in the air to get Internet access for the
      clubhouse. I had asked Ken ZR5AAD to ask Sue KC8RQS to get a quote on
      DSL service from SBC, and John KC8QDE was working on a deal for wireless
      service.

      Other than the fact that the hospital won't let us switch to wireless
      for the IRLP node and packet station there, I haven't heard anything
      about this in months. What progress, if any, has been made towards this end?

      Also, on a related note, a small work party still needs to be arranged
      to run CAT-5 throughout the clubhouse. One run (to the computer in the
      meeting room) has been completed, and another (to the main radio room
      computer) just needs RJ45s attached. Alan NV8A donated a bag of RJ45s to
      us at the Hudsonville swap and Pete N9SSA gave us a box of CAT-5 shortly
      after that so we just need to run the cable and put the ends on.

      -Joe, KD8ATU