Rewritten club constitution - comments

  • Don Stephens
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23 8:14 AM
      Two weeks ago the club was presented with a rewritten club
      constitution including editorial marks. This rewrite was performed in
      order to update the club's condstitution which was written in 1976.

      At our next club meeting on the 12th of September, we will vote on
      accepting this rewritten club constitution. Our by-laws require that
      to accept this rewrite 2/3 of the club membership must vote in favor.

      We will need every club member to be at the September meeting. So
      spread the word!

      As of Wednesday 8/23/06 I have received no comments on the rewrite.

      See you on the 12th!

      73
      Don
      KD8DAG
    • Laryn Lohman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23 3:52 PM
        OK, I'll bite......

        In article 3, Section 3, "and mail written notices to each member of
        every meeting of the club" I think should be clarified. Written
        notices about meetings haven't been sent for 30 years, unless you
        count email these days.

        Thanks Don for all your work on this. (OOPS am I too late to comment?)

        Laryn K8TVZ
      • Don Stephens
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23 4:36 PM
          Laryn,

          Thanks for your comment, anytime. We will need to address this in
          the "By-Laws" or recycle the constitution once again.

          Don
          kd8dag

          --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, "Laryn Lohman" <larynl@...> wrote:

          > OK, I'll bite......
          >
          > In article 3, Section 3, "and mail written notices to each member
          of
          > every meeting of the club" I think should be clarified. Written
          > notices about meetings haven't been sent for 30 years, unless you
          > count email these days.
          >
          > Thanks Don for all your work on this. (OOPS am I too late to
          comment?)

          > Laryn K8TVZ

        • Don Stephens