Re: [HARC] WiFi

  • kd8dqc
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
      This morining I stoped in at the coffie shop that I was refering to
      and talked to the owner and he said "I may gladly use the wifi any
      time, thats what its there for." I offered a donation and he told me
      buy a coffie sometime thats plenty of a donation.
      Thanks for all your help, Josh "KD8DQC" 73's
    • Alan NV8A
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
        But many Internet Service Providers explicitly prohibit their customers
        from sharing their connections. In fact, when we first got Optimum
        Online (NY Metro area ISP), they even claimed that using a router to
        share the connection with other members of the household was a violation
        of the Terms of Service.

        Alan NV8A

        On 07/12/06 10:30 am lists@... wrote:

        > If anyones in wyoming feel free to use my "special" box..
        >
        > I set up a seperate router with an antenna on my roof allowing internet access and its open to anyone. Just look for www.wmporn.org - n8jsn in my neighborhood and feel free to use it.
      • Laryn Lohman
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
          --- In k8daa@yahoogroups.com, Alan NV8A <nv8a@...> wrote:

          > But many Internet Service Providers explicitly prohibit their customers
          > from sharing their connections. In fact, when we first got Optimum
          > Online (NY Metro area ISP), they even claimed that using a router to
          > share the connection with other members of the household was a
          violation
          > of the Terms of Service.
          >
          > Alan NV8A

          Now THAT'S going a bit far.....