Re: [HARC] HARC's HQ gets "Tulip Time" face lift.

  • Rick Elushik
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      Just drove by our club building. Looks fantastic.
      Thank you to those that put in some long, hard hours
      to spiffy up the place.
      I was wondering. Do we mow our own yard? The city?
      The reason I'm asking is that I would be glad to load
      my lawn tractor on the trailer as needed and bring it
      down to mow. It's a lot faster with a 38" deck on a
      tractor than a push 21".
      Let me know if you need the assistance.

      73,
      Rick, N8GGO

      --- The Aviator <rafaviator@...> wrote:

      > Keeping everyone updated with developments down at
      > 280 East 8th Street, if
      > you drive past take a look and note the outside
      > improvements.
      >
      > Saturday, after a full morning working the MS Walk,
      > Charley N8QEM, Kim
      > N8KAL, John WD8BWK and Ken ZR5AAD/W8 went down to
      > HARC's center.
      >
      > City Council had earlier in week donated a "small"
      > load of good quality
      > mulch. We expected 10 cubic yards, got +/- 21
      > delivered. The above mentioned
      > club members worked virtually non stop from 1pm to 6
      > pm (thanks to Sue
      > KC8RQS for bringing our group something to eat)
      > shoveling mulch, carting
      > wheelbarrows, raking and spreading it around several
      > inches thick. Entire
      > outside of building has now been completed along
      > with many weed plants also
      > removed. You won't believe the difference!
      >
      > NOTE: There is about +/- 3-5 yards of good quality
      > mulch left over. Any
      > member wanting FREE mulch is welcome to go down
      > there soon as possible and
      > take it home. Just don't ask any of the 4 of us to
      > come help you load, we're
      > waiting for the blisters on our hands to heal!
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > KEN ZR5AAD/W8
      > HARC building manager.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • The Aviator
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        Rick - we'd love to take you up on this kind offer. 73's Ken ZR5AAD/W8