Tulip time help

  • Tom Dudenhofer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2006
      Could someone resend the contact info to help at Tulip time. I have
      misplaced my earlier email with that information.

      Thanks

      Tom Dudenhofer

      KD8JX

    • John Wehmer (WB9JSR)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2006

        Hello, it might not feel like Spring Time is just around the corner but it
        will be here very soon, with Spring's arrival comes the 2006 Tulip Time
        Festival. As in the past the Amateur Radio Operators and the American Red
        Cross will be providing support along the parade routes during the three
        Tulip Time parades.

        The first parade is scheduled for Wednesday, May 10, which we will need
        twelve Amateur Radio Operators to work as a Team with two American Red Cross
        First Aid Responders in covering a one block section of the parade route.
        Along with two Net Control Operators, we will need a total of fourteen
        Amateur Radio Operators, during the time frame of approximately noon until
        3:30pm.

        The second parade is scheduled for Thursday, May 11, which we will need the
        same number of Amateur Radio Operators as the Wednesday parade, during the
        same approximate time frame. The rain date for this parade will be Friday,
        May 12, 2006.

        The third, the largest, and the longest parade is schedule for Saturday, May
        13, which we will need
        twenty-four Amateur Radio Operators to cover a one-block section of the
        expanded parade route, along with two-three Net Control Operators. Also
        during this parade we need packet radio stations setup and operating at the
        Civic Center, Holland High School, and at Net Control.

        Also for the Saturday parade, Amateur Radio Operators are needed to assist
        with parade lineup. This group will be working within their own net, and on
        a different frequency than the parade route Teams. We need approximately
        ten operators, six assigned to specific Division Parade Marshals, one to
        work with the floats, one to assist the TV Crew with their coverage, one to
        work with the cars, one to work directly with the Grand Marshal, and two Net
        Control Operators. Adding up the various activities on Saturday, we need
        approximately forty Amateur Radio Operators just to cover what we currently
        know needs to be covered.

        As one can see, this is large operation in which one Club or Group can not
        handle on their own. Please we need your help in getting the word out to
        all area Amateur Radio Operators of this need. Many have done this festival
        for years and have their favorite spots to serve. If you are willing to
        serve, and have a favorite spot, please let me know I will to my best to
        assign you to that specific position. For those that are new to the hobby
        or those that have sat on the sidelines in the past years, please consider
        giving it a try. It is fun, and is a great way to brush up on your net
        operating procedures while providing a highly visible community service.

        If your interested in volunteering, please provide me with you full name,
        call sign, physical limitations or special needs, contact phone number,
        email address, and any special assignments you would like to cover.

        Thank you in advance!

        Best regards,

        Steve Vander Hill - N8UJD
        svanderhill@...