Michigan Balloon Launch May 5 CANCELLED

  • Pete (N9SSA)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      Hello again -

      We have discovered, in the 11th hour, that our telemetry system does not convey altitude information.  In order to fly a balloon, you must communicate your position, including altitude to FAA air traffic control.  This allows them to assure that there will be no Balloon-Aircraft encounters.

      So, we have issues a NO-GO for our May 5'th launching at The Allendale Highschool Amateur Radio Club of Allendale, Michigan.  The launch will be scheduled for a later date.

      If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, or Brian Brethauer <bbreth@...>  KC8NPH.

      What a bummer, huh?  But when it comes to Balloons, you do it right, or you don't do it at all!

      N9SSA - Pete Hoffswell
      Holland, MI  -  EN62wt  -  42.79N 86.15W
      n9ssa@...  http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa
      QRP-L #2109