Listeners Needed HF VHF UHF QRP - Balloon Launch May 5

  • Pete (N9SSA)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      Hello!

      The Allendale Highschool Amateur Radio Club of Allendale, Michigan, will be attempting a weather balloon launch Saturday morning, May 5.   The balloon is expected to fly for about 3 hours and reach an altitude of over 80,000 Feet.  I personally built the 10 meter QRP beacon that many of you have already heard.

       We are seeking any and all listeners to monitor for our radio transmissions:

      Saturday, May 5, 7:30AM USA EDT (11:30 Z)
      (Actual flight time will be "sometime in the morning")
      Launch from Allendale, Michigan
      Lat: 42.98574 Lon: -85.95175

      Payload:
      146.565 Balloon Packet telemetry (APRS)
      443.25 ATV
      446.600 (94.8 PL) Simplex repeater
      28.234  N9SSA/B 10M QRP Beacon

      Operations:
      147.16+ W8HVG Michigan Link Repeater System - Balloon Operations Net
      147.06+ (94.8 PL) K8DAA Repeater (Holland, MI) - Alternate Balloon Operations Net
      147.500 Simplex local operations
      7250 40M HF SSB Balloon Listeners Net

      The HF NET will be for anyone interested in talking to others that are listening for the Balloon. Hopefully, we will have a member of the Balloon operations group on the Net as well, to let them know of the status.

      Please consider helping out by listening in, and sending any reports to n9ssa@....

      Please forward this to any friends or organizations that may be able to listen in!

      If you are local to Western Michigan, Please consider joining us in our operation.  Send email to n9ssa@...

      Thank you!

      N9SSA - Pete Hoffswell
      Holland, MI  -  EN62wt  -  42.79N 86.15W
      n9ssa@...  http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa
      QRP-L #2109