Re: [HARC] BALLOON LAUNCH

  • Pete Hoffswell [via Yahoo]
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2001
      If I'm not mistaken, the balloon telemetry is on 146.565, NOT 145.565!!!  Please confirm.

      Also, the 70cm simplex repeater is programmed for simplex frequency 446.600 (no offset) and a PL tone of 94.8.

      Please confirm the packet frequency... I wrote it down so I would remember... last night at 1am!

      At 06:41 AM 5/3/01, you wrote:
      Weather permitting the launch is a go for Saturday.

      We will be launching from the back of Allendale High School around 7:30 am.  (I will have a coffee pot and rolls there!)

      If you like to come out and join the fun there is plenty to do.

      Balloon Chase team: This can be done by taking directions from mission control, or set up a portable APRS station.  The Balloon will be transmitting at 145.565.  If you are going to chase, fox hunting equipment is very helpful, once the balloon hits the ground!
      Please contact me if interested.

      Mission Control:  Could use a few people working the chasers.  We also may have a 440 simplex repeater to work.  This will depend on how the payload comes together.

      10 meter Net:  Since Pete is putting up his QRP 10 meter beacon, some people have ask me about a 10 meter net.  I have not passed my morse code test yet, so I leaving this one up to the higher powers.  I do have the clubs TenTec set up at my school, or you can run this from anywhere.  Talk to Pete on this one!

      ATV people: You will be seeing live footage from the balloon on cable channel 60 ( with a proper antenna).  I am broadcasting at 439.25.

      That is all for now!

      Special Thanks to Lou, Pete, Ernie, and Cliff for their time sacrifices!

      Brian
      KC8NPH

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Select Industry