website suggestion: for those interested in becoming a ham

  • dwp49423
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      Today, a co-worker expressed an interest in amateur radio.

      I explained Field Day, Skywarn, SAR and communications support (MS150,
      Tulip Time, 5/3 River bank Run, etc). He truly seemed interested.
      Sharp kid (early 20s) who could probably darn near ace the written.

      I refered him to both HARC sites (this and hollandarc.org) and
      arrl.org. plus mentioned the monthly meetings and "Now You're Talking"
      and "Tune In The World"-I couldn't remember which was the current book.

      Problem is neither club site has much for those intersted in getting
      started. ARRL has a ton under "Learn about ham radio". Could a
      section be added on hollandarc.org or something that would include a
      link to the ARRL? I'm willing to wite content if someone can provide
      photos (outside of field day)

      N8UJH