Saturday's Simplex Test

  • Rick Elushik
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2005
      I would like to thank all of you that checked into
      this past Saturday's Simplex Net on 147.52 mhz.
      I understand that many of you were unable to
      participate due to Red Cross CPR training and other
      commitments, so I am going to attempt to have another
      net in about 2 weeks, and then on a monthly bases.

      We had 10 check-ins during the 45 minute net, plus
      myself as NCS, with 5 from Ottawa County, 5 from
      Muskegon/Norton Shores area, and one station checking
      in from just South of Whitehall.

      Several items were identified as needing attention to
      improve station coverage that normally would not be an
      issue when using a repeater for operations.
      The Ottawa County EOC has an intermod problem between
      what should be the hotest location on the 230 foot
      tower (near the top) and the NWS NOAA weather radio
      transmitter that is located at the same sight and near
      the same antenna height. Several stations were able to
      identify areas of improvement for their stations
      including raising antenna heights, external antennas
      at their residence and during mobile operations, and
      improved equipment needs (mobile radios instead of
      handhelds, running higher power levels, etc).

      Overall, this net provided us all with some very
      valuable information regarding our capabilities on
      simplex and I would classify it as a success. I
      appreciate everyones input and feedback and I have
      received several very positive comments with regards
      to this net.

      I will post the next net date and time as soon as I
      have a chance to check my schedule.

      73 and Thanks for a very positive experience,
      Rick, N8GGO.
      AEC Ottawa County Skywarn.

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!