Please help us get the word out on this specail event

  • Tom VanderMel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2004
      Remembering the Edmund Fitzgerald Special Event
      N8F Whitefish Point 2004, 8th year

      On the weekend of Nov. 4th thru Nov. 7th, 2004 the Stu Rockafellow Amateur
      Radio Society of Plymouth, Michigan will conduct a special event,
      "Remembering the Edmund Fitzgerald". The "Fitz" went down with her crew on
      November 10th, 1975 in a fierce storm in Lake Superior a few miles off
      Whitefish Point. This is the 29th anniversary of that terrible loss.

      We expect to start operations shortly after 1700 UTC Thursday Nov. 4 and
      continue until 1700 UTC Sunday Nov. 7. We plan on 2 stations at the Point
      and 2 stations at Paradise, Mi., 11 miles South of the Point. Primary
      target
      frequencies are 3860, 7260, 14260 and 21360 kHz. Secondary frequencies are
      18160 and 28360 kHz. Most operating will be on SSB, Check the special event
      sections of the Nov. issues of QST, CQ and World Radio magazines.

      could you help us get the word out about this special event, it seems a lot
      of people look forward to this and we would really appericate your help.
      thank you

      W8RIF

      President of Stu Rock Group 73
    • Pete Hoffswell
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
        This would be a nice article for
        http://www.hollandarc.org I hope you will consider
        submitting it.

        The emergency services group did approach us about
        utilizing our website for their web-based
        commuications. I didn't, however, hear from them
        again. Still happy to help out in any way I can.

        73!

        - Pete

        --- Tom VanderMel <kb8vee@...> wrote:

        > Remembering the Edmund Fitzgerald Special Event
        > N8F Whitefish Point 2004, 8th year
        >

        > On the weekend of Nov. 4th thru Nov. 7th, 2004 the
        > Stu Rockafellow Amateur
        > Radio Society of Plymouth, Michigan will conduct a
        > special event,
        > "Remembering the Edmund Fitzgerald". The "Fitz"
        > went down with her crew on
        > November 10th, 1975 in a fierce storm in Lake
        > Superior a few miles off
        > Whitefish Point. This is the 29th anniversary of
        > that terrible loss.
        >
        > We expect to start operations shortly after 1700
        > UTC Thursday Nov. 4 and
        > continue until 1700 UTC Sunday Nov. 7. We plan on 2
        > stations at the Point
        > and 2 stations at Paradise, Mi., 11 miles South of
        > the Point. Primary
        > target
        > frequencies are 3860, 7260, 14260 and 21360 kHz.
        > Secondary frequencies are
        > 18160 and 28360 kHz. Most operating will be on SSB,
        > Check the special event
        > sections of the Nov. issues of QST, CQ and World
        > Radio magazines.
        >

        > could you help us get the word out about this
        > special event, it seems a lot
        > of people look forward to this and we would really
        > appericate your help.
        > thank you
        >

        > W8RIF
        >
        > President of Stu Rock Group 73