RFI program

  • johnhanse@mac.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      I received this from Loren howard at the holland BPW, we will have the
      meeting on oct 21 I just don't have the location yet, possibly the
      holiday inn but not confirmed yet. pleas e mail me if you are
      interested so we can have a head count. johnhanse@...

      John,

      The Holland BPW is bringing in Mike Martin of RFI Services,
      www.rfiservices.com, to provide training for the Holland BPW line crew
      on locating and correcting RFI problems on our system. This training
      will be conducted on October 21 and 22, 2004 for Holland BPW personnel.
      Mike and I discussed putting on an evening session for the local
      amateur radio community on RFI issues. The idea would be that this
      session would be about 2 hours long on the evening of Thursday,
      October 21, 2004. The Holland BPW would provide the place and
      refreshments for the evening. Mike would volunteer his time. Mike
      Martin is a nationally recognized expert on RFI and conducts training
      around the country. He has conducted training for ARRL. See
      http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2002/08/27/3/

      As you know, RFI can be an elusive problem. We are trying to provide
      the best training to all interested parties, the Holland BPW, the local
      amateur radio community and others.

      The only real time constraint to conduct this session would be enough
      time to find a convenient location for all concerned.

      I would ask HollandARC to simply gauge the interest of local amateur
      operators and then get the word out. If there is reasonable interest,
      we will arrange everything for the evening.

      73,

      Loren Howard, P.E.

      Director, Electric Services & Technology

      Holland BPW

      K8LHH