www.hollandarc.org web page

  • jdollar.geo
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 23, 2004
      Anyone know why the web page is set back to our old web page?

      KC8RQT
      Chris
    • Pete Hoffswell
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 23, 2004
        diagnosing and working to resolve the problem now.
        Sorry for any inconvience.

        http://superswap.hollandarc.org still fully
        functional.

        The site was recently backed up, so no data has been
        lost. I've was a' gone fishin'... give me a bit to
        catch up. ;-)

        73!

        Pete Hollandarc.org webmaster

        --- "jdollar.geo" <cdandrea@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know why the web page is set back to our old
        > web page?
        >
        > KC8RQT
        > Chris

        > --------------------~-->

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

        =====
        - Pete Hoffswell
        pete@...
        http://www.hoffswell.com
      • Pete Hoffswell
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 23, 2004
          Good morning --

          http://www.hollandarc.org service restored at 10:20am,
          9/23/04.

          Problem: www.hollandarc.org started redirecting to the
          oldsite.hollandarc.org, an old HARC website.

          Diagnosis: Exact reason for the start of the problem
          is unknown. Probably a cleanup process at the hosting
          provider conflicted with some old configuration within
          the hollandarc.org webspace. The current website, at
          http://www.hollandarc.org/index.php actually never
          went down, just the reference at
          http://www.hollandarc.org pointing to the index.php.

          Solution: Clean configuration, taking out reference to
          oldsite.hollandarc.org, that was not correct anyway.

          Outage length: 9/22/04 1300 (est) to 9/23/04 1020.
          Outage was longer due to the fact that the webmaster
          was standing in a river.

          Thanks to Ken and Chris for noticing the problem and
          reporting promptly.

          Have a great day!

          - Pete

          --- Pete Hoffswell <pete@...> wrote:

          > diagnosing and working to resolve the problem now.
          > Sorry for any inconvience.
          >
          > http://superswap.hollandarc.org still fully
          > functional.
          >
          > The site was recently backed up, so no data has been
          > lost. I've was a' gone fishin'... give me a bit to
          > catch up. ;-)
          >

          > 73!
          >
          > Pete Hollandarc.org webmaster
          >

          > --- "jdollar.geo" <cdandrea@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Anyone know why the web page is set back to our
          > old
          > > web page?
          > >
          > > KC8RQT
          > > Chris

          > > --------------------~-->

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

          > =====
          > - Pete Hoffswell
          > pete@...
          > http://www.hoffswell.com

          > --------------------~-->
          > Toolbar.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

          =====
          - Pete Hoffswell
          pete@...
          http://www.hoffswell.com
        • John Bok
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 25, 2004
            Greetings HARC members

            Zeeland Community Hospital has again requested our services for it's annual
            Pumpkin Fest Bike Tour to be held on Saturday October 2, 2004. The event
            will again be starting, and ending at Zeeland Community Hospital going on a
            northern route this year. The event has also changed since last year with
            the removal of the long loop, and the addition of a second rest stop. This
            year they have only the 10-mile family route, and scenic 35 mile route that
            includes a stop at Kirk Park. This should also make for a shorter day for
            all volunteers. Volunteers should be at Zeeland Community Hospital between
            7:15 AM and 7:30 AM. For the geographically impaired talk-ins are available.
            We are looking for a total of 14 people. Due to the shorter day, and
            restructured event some people may be able to leave early should you not be
            able to participate all day.

            Zeeland Community Hospital has been very supportive of the Holland Amateur
            Radio Club, and they are in need of, and very deserving of our support. Past
            volunteers will also tell you that it is also a "fun" event with some
            "unusual" communications mixed in with our mundane net operations.
            At the least they feed you, and you get a shirt! So if you are a little
            hungry these days, and/or your wardrobe is getting a little sparse reply
            here, email me at n8wvn@..., or call me at 616-748-1348. I will repost
            this as more details are available, and positions are filled to keep
            everyone informed as to what to expect. Below are lists of positions (at
            this time), and a list of people presently signed up, and their tentive
            placement.

            In addition to the normal "things to do" they would like to place people at
            three intersections that may be unsafe. They are also open to suggestions
            regarding any other intersections that hams who know the area feel may need
            monitoring.

            *Safety Note* ZCH will supply orange safety vests for people to wear.

            Below is a list of people, and places.

            2 for net control at ZCH
            1 person with command car
            1 at rest #1 Victory Point Ministries (open from 8 AM to 1 PM)
            1 at rest #2 Kirk Park (open from 8 AM to 11 AM)
            1 with Zeeland Schwinn (Jack driving)
            1 with Cross Country Cycle (Laura driving)
            2 people (1 riding in each SAG van which they drive)
            3 people for help at intersections listed below.
            #1 The intersection of 112th and Riley (from about 8:15 AM to 9:30 AM)
            #2 The intersection of 112th and James (from about 9:30 AM to 12:30 or 1
            PM)
            #3 The intersection of Chicago Dr/104th (from about 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM)

            Below is a list of assignments.

            Net Control #1......N8WVN....John Bok
            Net Control #2......N8KAL....Kim Lobert
            Command Car.........ZR5AAD...Ken Groom
            Rest Stop #1........N8QEM....Charles Gregory
            Rest Stop #2........K8WLK....Bill King
            Zeeland Schwinn.....KC8RQT...Chris Dandrea
            Cross Country Cycle.K8JIM....Jim Tanis
            Sag vehicle #1......KC8QXY...Phil Van Huis
            Sag vehicle #2......WB9JSR...John Wehmer
            Intersection #1.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
            Intersection #2.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
            Intersection #3.....open.....

            If anyone has problems with their location, or questions let me know.

            Thanks!

            John N8WVN
          • John Bok
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 28, 2004
              Greetings HARC members

              This will be the final posting of the Pumpkin Fest Bike Tour info. One
              intersection will be unstaffed. This should work out OK as this intersection
              has a traffic light. Hope to see all of you there!

                #1 The intersection of 112th and Riley (from about 8:15 AM to 9:30 AM)
                #2 The intersection of 112th and James (from about 9:30 AM to 12:30 or 1
                PM)
                #3 The intersection of Chicago Dr/104th (from about 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM)

                Below is a list of assignments.

                Net Control #1......N8WVN....John Bok
                Net Control #2......N8KAL....Kim Lobert
                Command Car.........ZR5AAD...Ken Groom
                Rest Stop #1........N8QEM....Charles Gregory
                Rest Stop #2........K8WLK....Bill King
                Zeeland Schwinn.....KC8RQT...Chris Dandrea
                Cross Country Cycle.N8AGF....Phil Sherman
                Sag vehicle #1......KC8QXY...Phil Van Huis
                Sag vehicle #2......WB9JSR...John Wehmer
                Intersection #1.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                Intersection #2.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                Intersection #3.....unstaffed this year..

                If anyone has problems with their location, or questions let me know.

                Thanks!

                John N8WVN
              • Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 29, 2004
                  I'll take intersection #3.

                  Alan NV8A

                  On 09/29/04 09:54 pm John Bok put fingers to keyboard and launched the
                  following message into cyberspace:

                  <snip>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 30, 2004
                    Hi Alan
                    Could you possibly work Rest Stop #1 at Victory Point Ministries? Charlie
                    N8QEM has informed me that he will be unable to make it that day. I have
                    talked to Zeeland Hospital, and they think that intersection #3 can be left
                    unwatched. Let me know as soon as you can. Thanks.

                    John N8WVN

                    On 09/29/04 09:54 pm John Bok put fingers to keyboard and launched the
                    following message into cyberspace:

                    <snip>

                    > #3 The intersection of Chicago Dr/104th (from about 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM)
                    >
                    > Below is a list of assignments.
                    >
                    > Net Control #1......N8WVN....John Bok
                    > Net Control #2......N8KAL....Kim Lobert
                    > Command Car.........ZR5AAD...Ken Groom
                    > Rest Stop #1........N8QEM....Charles Gregory
                    > Rest Stop #2........K8WLK....Bill King
                    > Zeeland Schwinn.....KC8RQT...Chris Dandrea
                    > Cross Country Cycle.N8AGF....Phil Sherman
                    > Sag vehicle #1......KC8QXY...Phil Van Huis
                    > Sag vehicle #2......WB9JSR...John Wehmer
                    > Intersection #1.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                    > Intersection #2.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                    > Intersection #3.....unstaffed this year..
                    >
                    > If anyone has problems with their location, or questions let me know.

                    Visit the newly designed http://www.hollandarc.org for the latest Holland
                    Amateur Radio Club News, Information and Fellowship!

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 30, 2004
                      John,

                      Maybe my son Jonathan KC8ZCO would be willing to do Victory Point
                      Ministries, and I can still do Intersection #3. I can't check with him
                      until after school today. Otherwise, I'll do VP Ministries, but you'll
                      have to tell me where it is because I don't recall seeing it.

                      Alan NV8A

                      On 09/30/04 10:10 am John Bok put fingers to keyboard and launched the

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 30, 2004
                        That would be fine Alan. Give me a call tonight when you talk to him. My
                        number should be listed in the original post.

                        John N8WVN

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 30, 2004
                          Greetings HARC members, and volunteers

                          Below is a last minute list of people for the Pumpkin Fest Bike Tour on
                          Saturday October 2, 2004. There were a few last minute changes, and this
                          list reflects those changes. Thanks in advance for all your help.

                          John N8WVN

                          Net Control #1......N8WVN....John Bok
                          Net Control #2......N8KAL....Kim Lobert
                          Command Car.........ZR5AAD...Ken Groom
                          Rest Stop #1........KC8ZCO...Jonathan Beagley
                          Rest Stop #2........K8WLK....Bill King
                          Zeeland Schwinn.....KC8RQT...Chris Dandrea
                          Cross Country Cycle.N8AGF....Phil Sherman
                          Sag vehicle #1......KC8QXY...Phil Van Huis
                          Sag vehicle #2......WB9JSR...John Wehmer
                          Intersection #1.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                          Intersection #2.....N8GGO....Rick Elushik
                          Intersection #3.....NV8A.....Alan Beagley