hollandarc.org content continues to grow

  • Pete Hoffswell
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      Greetings!

      The HollandArc.org (http://www.hollandarc.org) website continues to
      grow with new content almost every day. If you have not stopped by
      in a while, be sure to do so!

      The site is only as good as the users that visit it, and
      contribute. Hope you will!

      http://www.hollandarc.org
    • Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        And, having stopped by, I am pleased to see that the forums have been
        dropped and that discussion will continue here.

        Alan, NV8A

        On 09/01/04 02:29 pm Pete Hoffswell put fingers to keyboard and launched
        the following message into cyberspace:

        > The HollandArc.org (http://www.hollandarc.org) website continues to
        > grow with new content almost every day. If you have not stopped by
        > in a while, be sure to do so!
        >
        > The site is only as good as the users that visit it, and
        > contribute. Hope you will!
        >
        > http://www.hollandarc.org
      • John Bok
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
          Greetings all...

          Should anyone be interested the hurricane net is active on 14.325 mhz. Other
          information, and links to frequency info can be found at www.hwn.org if you
          are interested.

          John N8WVN
        • John Bok
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2004
            Greetings HARC members

            Zeeland Community Hospital has again requested our services for it's annual
            Pumpkin Fest Bike Tour to be held on Saturday October 2, 2004. The event
            will again be starting, and ending at Zeeland Community Hospital going on a
            northern route this year. The event has also changed since last year with
            the removal of the long loop, and the addition of a second rest stop. This
            year they have only the 10-mile family route, and scenic 35 mile route that
            includes a stop at Kirk Park. This should also make for a shorter day for
            all volunteers. Volunteers should be at Zeeland Community Hospital between
            7:15 AM and 7:30 AM. For the geographically impaired talk-ins are available.
            We are looking for a total of 14 people. Due to the shorter day, and
            restructured event some people may be able to leave early should you not be
            able to participate all day.

            Zeeland Community Hospital has been very supportive of the Holland Amateur
            Radio Club, and they are in need of, and very deserving of our support. Past
            volunteers will also tell you that it is also a "fun" event with some
            "unusual" communications mixed in with our mundane net operations.
            At the least they feed you, and you get a shirt! So if you are a little
            hungry these days, and/or your wardrobe is getting a little sparse reply
            here, email me at n8wvn@..., or call me at 616-748-1348. I will repost
            this as more details are available, and positions are filled to keep
            everyone informed as to what to expect. Below are lists of positions (at
            this time), and a list of people presently signed up, and their tentive
            placement.

            In addition to the normal "things to do" they would like to place people at
            three intersections that may be unsafe. They are also open to suggestions
            regarding any other intersections that hams who know the area feel may need
            monitoring.

            *Safety Note* ZCH will supply orange safety vests for people to wear.

            Below is a list of tasks to fill.

            2 for net control at ZCH
            1 person with command car
            1 at rest #1 Victory Point Ministries (open from 8 AM to 1 PM)
            1 at rest #2 Kirk Park (open from 8 AM to 11 AM)
            1 with Zeeland Schwinn
            1 with Cross Country Cycle
            2 people (1 in each rented van which will also ride the route)
            3 people for help at intersections listed below.
            #1 The intersection of 112th and Riley (from about 8:15 AM to 9:30 AM)
            #2 The intersection of 112th and James (from about 9:30 AM to 12:30 or 1
            PM)
            #3 The intersection of Chicago Dr/104th (from about 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM)

            Below is a list of assignments.

            Net Control #1......N8WVN....John Bok
            Net Control #2......N8KAL....Kim Lobert
            Command Car.........ZR5AAD...Ken Groom
            Rest Stop #1........N8QEM....Charles Gregory
            Rest Stop #2........K8WLK....Bill King
            Zeeland Schwinn.....KC8RQT...Chris Dandrea
            Sag vehicle #1......open.....
            Sag vehicle #2......open.....
            Intersection #1.....open.....
            Intersection #2.....open.....
            Intersection #3.....open.....

            If anyone has problems with their location, or questions let me know.

            Thanks!

            John N8WVN