Jack Olger, WB8BSZ, SK

  • Tom VanderMel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 7:02 PM
      From Tom VanderMel KB8VEE Michigan District 6 Emergency Coordinator & Assistant Director for Member Services Great Lakes Division ARRL
      Home Page http://www.qsl.net/kb8vee/
      E Mail kb8vee@... Home Phone is (231) 865-1558 Cell Phone (231) 206-0422

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: kc8hxo
      To: W8CSO@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 7:47 PM
      Subject: [W8CSO] Jack Olger, WB8BSZ, SK

      I see in tonight's Tribune, we have lost another fine member of our
      fraterninty. Jack Olger, WB8BSZ, has gone on to that big "hamshack in
      the sky". We'll miss you Jack.

      posted with respect,
      Greg Schippers, KC8HXO

      Jack Olger

      Ham radio operator, enjoyed tying flies

      Jack E. Olger, 75, died Sunday, Aug. 29, 2004, at North Ottawa Community Hospital.

      He was born in Spring Lake on March 10, 1929, to Gail and Gertrude (Minuth) Olger; and married the former Evelyn Cornwall on May 5, 1949, in Key West, Fla.

      Mr. Olger graduated from Spring Lake High School where he had been the captain of the football team. He served his country in the U.S. Navy as a radio repairman. He was also a ham radio operator, and at one time he built custom fly fishing rods and fishing poles. He enjoyed tying flies. Mr. Olger had been employed as a parts inspector at Continental Motors for over 40 years until retiring in 1991.

      Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Evelyn; three sons: Edward (Brenda) Olger of Ferrysburg, Mark (Cindy) Olger of Grand Haven and Kenneth (Nancy) Olger of Leavenworth, Kan.; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a brother, Don Olger.

      Arrangements are being handled by Clock Funeral Home of Grand Haven.

      _________

      OLGER, MR. JACK

      Grand Haven

      Funeral Services for Mr. Jack Edward Olger, age 75, will be held Thursday, September 2, 2004, 1:00 p.m. at Clock Funeral Home with Rev. David Kolkers officiating. Interment at Lake Forest Cemetery. Visitation will be Thursday, one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. You may sign the online guest book at www.clockfuneralhome.com.

      Clock Funeral Home