Re: [HARC] HARC hats

  • John Seidelman
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2004
      Alan you can borrow one from me.Call me at 394-9821-- John wd8bwk

      Alan Beagley <ab2os@...> wrote:I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
      checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.

      Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?

      Alan AB2OS

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1292bg74t/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1083513798/A=1874381/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_mal_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1292bg74t/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1083513798/A=1874381/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_mal_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

    • Alan Beagley
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2004
        OK. Thanks, Jim. Where and when can I get it from you? And how much?

        Alan AB2OS

        On 05/02/04 11:55 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
        the following message into cyberspace:

        > Alan I have 2 hats left, I can put you name on one if you like let me know
        > KC8KE Jim.

        > I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
        > checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.
        >
        > Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?
      • Jim Lamberts

          Message 4 of 21 , May 3, 2004
            OK, Jim. That sounds good. I can pick it up when I pick Jonathan up from
            school this afternoon -- but I'll call before I show up.

            73 Alan

            On 05/04/04 02:31 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
            the following message into cyberspace:

            > Alan I can take one to work if you get this in time its Lamberts on Michigan
            > ave. cost is $10.00. Call me there at 396-1431
          • Jim Lamberts
            Message 5 of 21 , May 3, 2004
              Alan I can take one to work if you get this in time its Lamberts on Michigan
              ave. cost is $10.00. Call me there at 396-1431
              Jim
              OK. Thanks, Jim. Where and when can I get it from you? And how much?

              Alan AB2OS

              On 05/02/04 11:55 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
              the following message into cyberspace:

              > Alan I have 2 hats left, I can put you name on one if you like let me
              know
              > KC8KE Jim.

              > I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
              > checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.
              >
              > Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Aaron Folkert
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 16, 2014

                Hello All!

                I've noticed that many of you in the club have hats that have HARC on them and your callsign ect.  I've been looking into them, but haven't found a place that would do it. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

                Thanks,

                Aaron, KD8VUN

              • Hank & Sarah Dinkelmann
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 16, 2014

                  Check with John Hanse.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                    Quite frequently there will be someone at hamfests that does this.  I got my W8GCW hat at Milwaukee'  and that guy moved to Alaska, somewhere. There was someone in Muskegon some time ago, as well -- But I can't identify him, either.
                    Some years ago there was a shirt - hat person in Holland.Great help????
                    Check into dry goods stores and see if they have a source.
                    Anyone who does embroidering should do it, or have a source.
                    Chuck

                    CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
                    Licensed by the FCC since 195d
                  • Aaron Folkert
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                      Thanks Chuck,

                      I was actually looking at Superior Sports Store in Holland, but it sounds like they do more of the mass quantity stuff for teams…Anyone have any experience with them?

                      Aaron, KD8VUN

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                        Yes I have had them made in past and can do again.

                        John Hanse ac8hz
                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                          You can try graphixs on lakewood across from walgreens.  I took my safety vest there and they did the work on it.  They have some stuff there and their prices were pretty reasonable.

                          Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                            Thanks Gilbert. I just might have to try them. Do you know if you have to pick from whatever they happen to have or can you make your own design?

                            Aaron, KD8VUN

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                               I have another source (Image)  -- same as Superior. ( I just checked them out)  They need 40 - 50 to make a profit.  You have to realize that in ham radio -- each (Call Letter)  hat is an order in itself... If it was a HARC hat that we would use 50 or so, that would be very different.
                              Chuck / WGCW

                              CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
                              Licensed by the FCC since 1950

                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                  What do you put on 'em?

                                  Aaron, KD8VUN

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                    Block letters like the blue ones we have with "HARC" and call sign on back.

                                    It would be best if we order a larger lot of them for the club.

                                    John Hanse
                                    Confidentiality Notice:
                                    This e-mail and any attachments may contain proprietary or export restricted information.
                                    If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized transferee, use or dissemination
                                    is prohibited. Please delete and notify sender.

                                    On Oct 17, 2014, at 14:11, 'Aaron Folkert' michiganhoney@... [k8daa] <k8daa@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                    What do you put on 'em?

                                    Aaron, KD8VUN

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                      The graphics place on Lakewood is super reasonable. They embroidered our gun range bag. It was super cheap and fast turn around too.

                                      Tracie
                                      KD8UHK

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                        John,

                                        I lost mine some place.  It had 'Holland Amateur Radio Club' on it, not HARC.

                                        Can you do those?  I'd like to replace mine.

                                        Kim N8KAL

                                      • John Hanse
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                          Yes they all had Holland amateur radio club on them.

                                          We should try to get another club order together so we can get a big batch of them done at once.

                                          John Hanse
                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                            As far as lettering goes they have a big list but custom writing and pics im not sure.

                                            Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                                            From:"'Aaron Folkert' michiganhoney@... [k8daa]" <k8daa@yahoogroups.com>
                                            Date:Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM