HARC hats

  • Alan Beagley
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2004
      I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
      checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.

      Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?

      Alan AB2OS
    • John Seidelman
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2004
        Alan you can borrow one from me.Call me at 394-9821-- John wd8bwk

        Alan Beagley <ab2os@...> wrote:I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
        checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.

        Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?

        Alan AB2OS

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1292bg74t/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1083513798/A=1874381/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_mal_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1292bg74t/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1083513798/A=1874381/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_mal_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      • Alan Beagley
        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2004
          OK. Thanks, Jim. Where and when can I get it from you? And how much?

          Alan AB2OS

          On 05/02/04 11:55 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
          the following message into cyberspace:

          > Alan I have 2 hats left, I can put you name on one if you like let me know
          > KC8KE Jim.

          > I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
          > checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.
          >
          > Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?
        • Jim Lamberts

            Message 5 of 21 , May 3, 2004
              OK, Jim. That sounds good. I can pick it up when I pick Jonathan up from
              school this afternoon -- but I'll call before I show up.

              73 Alan

              On 05/04/04 02:31 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
              the following message into cyberspace:

              > Alan I can take one to work if you get this in time its Lamberts on Michigan
              > ave. cost is $10.00. Call me there at 396-1431
            • Jim Lamberts
              Message 6 of 21 , May 3, 2004
                Alan I can take one to work if you get this in time its Lamberts on Michigan
                ave. cost is $10.00. Call me there at 396-1431
                Jim
                OK. Thanks, Jim. Where and when can I get it from you? And how much?

                Alan AB2OS

                On 05/02/04 11:55 am Jim Lamberts put fingers to keyboard and launched
                the following message into cyberspace:

                > Alan I have 2 hats left, I can put you name on one if you like let me
                know
                > KC8KE Jim.

                > I have consistently managed to arrive at club meetings without cash or
                > checkbook to purchase a HARC hat.
                >
                > Where can I get one now to wear for Tulip Time communications duties?

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Aaron Folkert
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 16, 2014

                  Hello All!

                  I've noticed that many of you in the club have hats that have HARC on them and your callsign ect.  I've been looking into them, but haven't found a place that would do it. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

                  Thanks,

                  Aaron, KD8VUN

                • Hank & Sarah Dinkelmann
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 16, 2014

                    Check with John Hanse.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                      Quite frequently there will be someone at hamfests that does this.  I got my W8GCW hat at Milwaukee'  and that guy moved to Alaska, somewhere. There was someone in Muskegon some time ago, as well -- But I can't identify him, either.
                      Some years ago there was a shirt - hat person in Holland.Great help????
                      Check into dry goods stores and see if they have a source.
                      Anyone who does embroidering should do it, or have a source.
                      Chuck

                      CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
                      Licensed by the FCC since 195d
                    • Aaron Folkert
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                        Thanks Chuck,

                        I was actually looking at Superior Sports Store in Holland, but it sounds like they do more of the mass quantity stuff for teams…Anyone have any experience with them?

                        Aaron, KD8VUN

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                          Yes I have had them made in past and can do again.

                          John Hanse ac8hz
                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                            You can try graphixs on lakewood across from walgreens.  I took my safety vest there and they did the work on it.  They have some stuff there and their prices were pretty reasonable.

                            Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                              Thanks Gilbert. I just might have to try them. Do you know if you have to pick from whatever they happen to have or can you make your own design?

                              Aaron, KD8VUN

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                 I have another source (Image)  -- same as Superior. ( I just checked them out)  They need 40 - 50 to make a profit.  You have to realize that in ham radio -- each (Call Letter)  hat is an order in itself... If it was a HARC hat that we would use 50 or so, that would be very different.
                                Chuck / WGCW

                                CHECK MY PROFILE AT WWW.QRZ.COM
                                Licensed by the FCC since 1950

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                    What do you put on 'em?

                                    Aaron, KD8VUN

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                      Block letters like the blue ones we have with "HARC" and call sign on back.

                                      It would be best if we order a larger lot of them for the club.

                                      John Hanse
                                      Confidentiality Notice:
                                      This e-mail and any attachments may contain proprietary or export restricted information.
                                      If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized transferee, use or dissemination
                                      is prohibited. Please delete and notify sender.

                                      On Oct 17, 2014, at 14:11, 'Aaron Folkert' michiganhoney@... [k8daa] <k8daa@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      What do you put on 'em?

                                      Aaron, KD8VUN

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                        The graphics place on Lakewood is super reasonable. They embroidered our gun range bag. It was super cheap and fast turn around too.

                                        Tracie
                                        KD8UHK

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                          John,

                                          I lost mine some place.  It had 'Holland Amateur Radio Club' on it, not HARC.

                                          Can you do those?  I'd like to replace mine.

                                          Kim N8KAL

                                        • John Hanse
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014
                                            Yes they all had Holland amateur radio club on them.

                                            We should try to get another club order together so we can get a big batch of them done at once.

                                            John Hanse
                                            Sent from my iPhone

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 17, 2014

                                              As far as lettering goes they have a big list but custom writing and pics im not sure.

                                              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                                              From:"'Aaron Folkert' michiganhoney@... [k8daa]" <k8daa@yahoogroups.com>
                                              Date:Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM