April Meeting

  • IgnacioP@GroupSignal.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 8:48 PM
      The April 10th meeting will include a tour of the WGVU Radio and TV
      facilities at Grand Valley State University, in downtown Grand
      Rapids. A short business meeting will follow the tour.

      We will meet at Parkway Electric (James and Waverly, in Holland) at
      6:15 pm, for a car pool. Check the clubs' web site
      http://harc.hoho.org for a map to the Meijer Public Broadcast Center,
      at 301 W. Fulton.

      See you there!

      Nacho, KB8WCH
      Vice President, HARC
      kb8wch@...
    • Megan Heyl
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 7:41 PM
        Hello HARC members!

        The following is information pertaining to the April Monthly Meeting
        field trip.

        Tuesday, April 14, 2009
        Ottawa County 911 Central Dispatch Facility Tour
        12101 Stanton Road between 120th and 128th.
        You can also reach the building entering at the Fillmore Street
        entrance.
        The building is closer to Stanton road, being your best bet for the
        entrance.

        Tour begins promptly at 7:30, so arrive shortly before.
        If you need a ride, please contact a fellow HARC member.
        Turn your handheld to Simplex 146.43 for talk in.

        If you have any questions... please let us know!
        Megan and Chuck
      • Phil Van Huis
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 6:10 AM
          To all members and friends;

          This is just to remind you that our next meeting is coming up.  It will be this coming Monday, Aprill 11, at 7:00 PM.  And, it will be at the Red Cross office on James Street, between Butternut Drive and 136th Ave.

          Following is a synopsis of the talk that we will hear from Roger Cox, WB0DGF:

          My talk is called "Antenna Magic".  I will demonstrate antenna properties such as voltage and current distribution on dipole and monopole antennas using simple tools such as flourescent and incandescent light bulbs.  I will also use these simple tools to show radiation patterns, front to back and polarization of 2 and 3 element Yagi antennas.  (It's called "magic" because I can make light bulbs glow without being physically connected to anything)

          Here is a little on my background:

          I obtained my BSEE from Iowa State University in 1976 and began work as an Antenna Design Engineer for Hy-Gain Electronics in Lincoln, NE.  For a few months after Hy-Gain went bankrupt in 1978, I worked for Rockwell-Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa as a design engineer.  I returned to Hy-Gain after they were purchased by Telex Communications, Inc.  Telex was then purchased by Bosch Security Systems in 2006.  Our antenna design group was laid off in 2009, so I found new employment with R.A. Miller Industries in Grand Haven as an antenna design engineer.  Over the years, I have designed more than 75 antenna and antenna rotator products for Ham, CB, Military, Commercial, WLAN and OEM markets.  I have 2 antenna patents.

          73 Roger WB0DGF

          It looks like we will be having a very interesting and informative meeting this month.  Hope you all can make it .

          Phil, K8PVH