Re: [HARC] Pete's QRP Challenge 2001!

  • Louis Spencer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hey!!

      What about my QSO with N8YEL in Zeeland using 10 watts SSB?????? Where do I
      pick up my prize?

      Lou N8ROL

      >From: "Pete Hoffswell" <petehoffswell@...>
      >To: k8daa@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [HARC] Pete's QRP Challenge 2001!
      >Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:07:28 -0000
      >
      >Hey hey! It's Friday!
      >
      >April starts on Sunday too. Wow... another month zips by.
      >
      >It's time to start Pete's QRP Challenge 2001!
      >
      >Welcome to N9SSA's QRP Challenge 2001.
      >
      >This is strictly for fun. The object of the Challenge is to promote
      >QRP operations, and develop operating skills.
      >
      >Rules
      >
      >Contacts must be QRP (<5 Watts CW) (<10 Watts PEP Phone).
      >Contacts should be made in the month of April, 2001.
      >The QRP MPW challenge is open to members of the Holland Amateur Radio
      >Club.
      >Remember the Limbo chant: "How low can 'ya go... how low can 'ya go!"
      >Report contacts by email to n9ssa@...,
      >Include Date, Time, Call, QTH, Freq, Mode, Power, MPW (Miles per
      >Watt, if known)
      >
      >You can calculate your MPW with N9SSA's MPW Calculator.
      >
      >http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa/qrpchallenge.html
      >
      >I hope to give results, maybe an AWARD or TWO, and a report on the
      >fun we had at the May club meeting.
      >
      >Have a great April! Don't forget to power up and turn that rf Down!
      >
      >73
      >
      >- pete
      >N9SSA

    • Pete Hoffswell [via Yahoo]
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
        Ooooohhh... I'm sooo sorry, Lou... You made contact in MARCH, and the
        contest is for APRIL. I'm afraid your very good QSO doesn't qualify.

        That's too bad... 'cause that QSO would be a winner for sure...

        hmmmm what is that... 1/2 a mile per watt or so?

        (It's so hard to write sarcasm in Email... ha ha ha!)

        Well, Lou, do it again in April, and I'm sure you will be first in line for
        the BOOBY PRIZE: Biggest QRO qso.

        Better watch out - Rob W8YRB might have a QSO with Jim KC8KE, each running
        1 Kilowatt. What would that be... .002 miles per watt? ;-D

        ;-)

        Have a GREAT week, everyone!

        At 07:41 PM 4/1/01, you wrote:
        >Hey!!
        >
        >What about my QSO with N8YEL in Zeeland using 10 watts SSB?????? Where do I
        >pick up my prize?
        >
        >Lou N8ROL
        >

        > >From: "Pete Hoffswell" <petehoffswell@...>
        > >To: k8daa@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [HARC] Pete's QRP Challenge 2001!
        > >Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:07:28 -0000
        > >
        > >Hey hey! It's Friday!

      • Dave Posthuma
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          Hey Pete:
          Too bad my March contact to Arkansas would not apply....I couldn't believe
          that I was able to communicate between Little Rock and Holland on 20 Meters
          SSB at 1/2 watt on the K2. He gave me a 5/4 report. When I raised the
          power to 10 watts, my report came up to a 5/8.

          I'll try to be a "player" this month and get some postings for your
          competition.

          Have fun,

          David, WD8PUO

          At 07:41 PM 4/1/01, you wrote:
          >Hey!!
          >
          >What about my QSO with N8YEL in Zeeland using 10 watts SSB?????? Where do
          >pick up my prize?
          >
          >Lou N8ROL
          >

          > >From: "Pete Hoffswell" <petehoffswell@...>
          > >To: k8daa@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [HARC] Pete's QRP Challenge 2001!
          > >Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:07:28 -0000
          > >
          > >Hey hey! It's Friday!

        • Louis Spencer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
            I hate it when that happens!!!!! Now I gotta do it all over again!!

            Lou