Balloon Project

  • Brian Brethauer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2001
      I have eight names of people who would be willing to help in some way on the balloon project.  So here we go!
      First the project website is www.altelco.net/~bbreth
      Sorry it is not cute name, but it is free so I like it!

      Second:  Anyone who was not at the meeting, but would like to help, please email me.  The information is on the website, but just in case bbreth@....  I would really like to here from the APRS people in the club!

      Third:  The biggest problem with the project is getting people together!  I would like to get your opinion on the following Time and Location, for an organization meeting.

      Since Tuesday is already a HARC night, how about Tues. Jan 23, 7:00 - 8:30 pm
      Location:  I can get Michigan Technic (they are in Holland)  to give us space for the meeting OR
                       Allendale High School OR
                      Any other Ideas.

      If this time does not work for you, I am open for recomendations.

      This is enough for now!  Check out the website!

      Brian Brethauer
      KC8NPH
    • Brian Brethauer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19 3:17 AM
        I have the batteries, a 2 m transmitter (all in pieces I have to put it together!) and the camera.  Lou has a payload box.  Pete has 10 m beacon, and 440 simplex repeater!

        Still need to order video overlay for call sign and GPS?  I also have the GPS transmitter from Mike KA9KIM.  I going to purchase the same parts from TAPR as he did to make one of our own!

        I need a little bit of time to get the TAPR PIC E encoder and the 2m transmitter built.  If any one would like to help with just this part of it, Let me know.  As soon as I make head way on the construction of these projects I will call the next meeting.

        Tentative Date for Meeting: Tuesday March 6th

        Brian