Game Results

  • Tom VanderMel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2003
      For Dale Williams WA8EFK, the 2004 Hamvention at Hara Arena will be one
      of exquisite timing for his ham shack and for outstanding gourmet meals
      while in Dayton.
      These are the fruits of the University of Michigan
      Wolverines 35-21 football victory over Ohio State Buckeyes played
      Saturday, November 22 before a crowd of 112,118, a national college
      attendance record. As Michigan's Section Manager, Dale won the
      Ohio-Michigan SM bet with hapless Ohio Section Manager, Joe
      Phillips,K8QOE. So Joe has to be Dale's slave during all three days of
      the Hamvention show.
      The timing is exquisite since next year Dale is
      planning to replace his 50 foot tower at his Dundee, Michigan home -up
      since 1966. "Joe will be carrying 220 pounds of Rohn 25 tower sections
      to my truck thanks to the victorious Michigan team," Dale said. He also
      said his shack needs a plate transformer for an amplifier and a friend
      asked Dale to locate a prop pitch motor to
      rotate his tower. "My Ohio SM brother better be in great physical shape
      next May," said Dale.
      But since the bet also included paying for meals while at
      Hamvention, Dale also has top flight menu plans, "I know three
      outstanding restaurants in the Dayton area and my preference offers
      Premier Cru Superieur from Chateau d'Yquem, a marvelous sauterne." Even
      if you don't know about fine dining, these sound more expensive than a
      McDonalds Happy Meal.
      "As I said when Joe foolishly proposed this wager, he is
      going to wish he never heard of the sport of football."

      ARRL Michigan Section
      Section Manager: Dale R. Williams, WA8EFK
      wa8efk@...
      This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
      If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
      http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
      Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
      Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
      Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
      being sent to you.
      webmaster@...