RE: [HARC] new

  • John Wehmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2003
      Josh,

      Go to www.qrz.com. It has practice exams that you can take. Also, Radio
      Shack as books on licensing. There are three classes today, technician,
      general and extra. The technician license is "no code", the other two
      require a knowledge of Morse code at 5 wpm (words per minute). A number of
      clubs in the area give license examination classes and the tests are taken
      by fellow amateurs, either after series of classes or at Hamfests (amateur
      radio flea markets). We just had one at Zeeland High School put on by the
      Holland Amateurs Radio Club.

      Try these links: www.arrl.org, www.harc.com, www.noarc.com,
      http://www.qsl.net/kc8lcp and there are many many others.

      John Wehmer WB9JSR/8